Friday 3 November 2023

Friday, 03-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 3

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Weigh day today and it is a taster session at group.  Fingers crossed that Biscuit-Binge hasn't taken me out of target range - I have concerns.  

Today's spice sachet is Original Salad Topping.  Interesting.  I contains seeds, herbs, various different peppers, all ground small but not into powder, judging by how it feels through the packet.
The site says:
Spice up salads with just a few pinches
Perfect in salad dressings too
Delicious with cream cheese & vegetable bowls
Fortunately, I have a friend over for lunch so I will sprinkle some over the salad we are having with our toasties.

So far, this is working well - I was hoping to find a use for each sachet on the day I get it and, although I forgot day 1, yesterday's was really nice.  


Yesterday's meal photos:

By the time I got round to thinking about breakfast, it was nearly twelve, so I scaled my ideas down and just had the avocado bagel.  The topping is called 'Avocado Topping' and is basically a bit of heat, a bit of sea salt and a variety of peppercorns and was really, really tasty.
The recipe for this carrot and lentil soup is from the wonderful Slimming Eats site and here's a link.
It was pretty spicy but very, very delicious and a sprinkled a bit more of the avocado topping over - it went well.

I had an easy peeler for afters and later I munched on a carrot and then an apple

This would have been really nice with a tortilla, salsa, etc, but it was good just as it was.  The Mexican all rounder spice sachet was very nice - nothing out of the usual but very good.


That was the end of the day's eating as I was full up.

Today's meal plans:

B:  taster session at group - no idea but it is usually very SW-friendly.  After all, that's the idea.

L:  toasties and salad; fruit
I have a friend around and toasties is a great fall-back lunch.  Everyone loves a toastie!
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

D:  I know this sounds counter intuitive, but I am craving a take away Indian so I might just give in this once - or common sense might prevail, in which case it will be chicken and bacon casserole (done overnight in the slow cooker) with rice.
SW:  either lord only knows or syn free.

Edit:
After a less than joyous result on the scales this week, guess what - it's chicken casserole for dinner.  :-)

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
I honestly have no idea because of breakfast, regardless of what I choose for dinner.

Another edit.  I know now.
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns (from the taster breakfast

I'm out all day tomorrow (Saturday) so won't be posting.  Back to normal on Sunday.
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Those spice sachets sound interesting. It sounds as though it adds something a bit more interesting. The avocado bagel looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really tried many but but the avocado topping spice certainly does add something. I'm really looking forward to trying them all. xx

      Delete