Sunday 19 November 2023

Sunday, 19-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 19

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Italian Allrounder.  They seem to do a lot of these 'general' spice mixes and I'm sure I will use this one as I make plenty of pseudo Italian dishes.
The site says:
Give your meals a taste of the Mediterranean
Ideal for pizza, pasta, meat dishes & salads
Make delicious Italian food at home

. . . and again it contains a whole range of herbs and spices.

This Italian seasoning goes well with any dishes that you want to give a Mediterranean touch. In fact, this Italian spice mix is not just perfect for pizza and pasta, but also refines meat and salads too. By the way, our Italian seasoning also tastes great in marinades for antipasti, meat or fish.

0
Yesterday's meal photos:

Oh, this was so good.  The banana loaf seasoning was so delicious and, if there's not a tub in the bigger calendar, I will definitely be buying one.
This was good too - corned beef hash with a lovely choppy salad which I finished off later on.

I had two titchy easy peelers later on too.

I'd planned an all day breakfast but, when it came to is, I just had a bacon and sausage sandwich and it was lovely.

This may or may not have been connected with taste testing two of a batch of mince pies I made.  Not healthy, definitely over syns but, given that in the past I might very well have scoffed the lot (they were scrummy), stopping at two was a positive triumph and I'm holding on to that.
The others are now safely in the freezer.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
Just a nice plate of fruit for breakfast - lovely!
SW:  syn free

L:  roast beef dinner - beef, horseradish sauce, Yorkshire platter, roasties, steamed veg
I had planned roast chicken dinner but . . .
I got the new SW recipe book at group, 'Air Fryers and friends', opened it up at random and thought 'must try that sometime'.
Then, as it happened, in M&S there was a lump of roasting beef on yellow sticker because it was the use by date.  Apart from a lump of fat which I removed before cooking, it looked really nice so I got it.  The recipe I had seen was called Lazy Sunday beef roast so maybe it was 'meant' - no, not really, it's called carpe diem!!  So I did!
To cut a long story a bit shorter, I slow cooked it on Friday because of the date and will have some, sliced, for my Sunday lunch on a Yorkshire platter (because I have to, don't I?), roasties and steamed veg.  The sauce is lovely so I will just thicken it with granules, I think, or cornflour.  No need to use Bisto.
And there will be leftovers - lovely!
SW:  a level tbsp cornflour is one syn and the yorkshire takes part of my healthy extra A and two and a half syns plus two syns for one tsp oil (you do need oil, I have found, can't skip it really).  Oh, and the horseradish sauce is one syn

D:  soup and roast beef sandwich; fruit/yogurt
I know that after a roast dinner like that, I really can't take a big evening meal.  I had half a can of chopped tomatoes left over from the slow cooked beef so yesterday I made a small portion of tomato and roasted red pepper soup and added a few red lentils for texture.  I will probably have that with a beef sandwich, probably with onion and cheese and turned into a toastie because you know me and toasties!.
SW:  one healthy extra B and the rest of my two As on cheese

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. How fortunate to get the beef on yellow sticker - I find our M&S food hall do quite good reductions, and it's such good quality from there. I intended to make my own mincemeat, but not sure I'll have time right now! Maybe once we're in the new place. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very fortunate. It's quite hard to find such a bargain - they usually get snapped up very quickly. Of course, it has shrunk to half its size but there's enough for three meals so I'm not complaining.
      I can't imagine that you'll have time for mincemeat this year but they do have some very good mixtures in the shops, I think. Always improved by adding a good slug of something alcoholic, of course!
      xx

      Delete