Friday 24 November 2023

Friday, 24-11-23: Mini Spicemas - the last day

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

The last spice sachet isn't a sachet, it's a tub and it's Avocado Topping.  Brilliant!  I love this - it's spicy, salty and really enhances avocado.  


Yesterday's meal photos:

 Cheesy marmite toast and an orange for breakfast.  I'd already had an apple before SET class
A tasty and filling lunch - avo toast, scrambled egg, tomatoes and mushrooms followed by a couple of easy peelers.
I had avocado topping (I already have some!)  on the avocado and scrambled egg topping in the scrambled egg.  They went well together.



Later on, I had some biscuits.  Not a horrendous amount, just more than I should have.  Oh, well. 
And here's the steak casserole.  I know it doesn't look particularly amazing but it tasted great!

More easy peelers for afters and that was it for the day.

Today's meal plans:

B:  just a piece of fruit because of lunch
SW:  syn free

L:  eating out with a friend
We're off to a local garden centre that has an online menu.  I've looked and there's a good choice of things around the 500 calories mark, including toasties (yum) and jacket potatoes.  I'll most likely go for a toastie unless they have any festive specials - which they probably will.  Turkey, brie and cranberry toastie, anyone?
SW:  syns unknown

D: dirty fries, maybe a side salad; fruit/yogurt
Yesterday, I made a batch of basic bolognaise in the slow cooker, some for the freezer and some for today.
I plan to jazz up a portion with spice and extra veg, top it with chips (done in Nellie) and grated cheese and finish it off under the grill.
SW:  one healthy extra A

Exercise:  walking

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra B
syns unknown because of lunch but I reckon if I choose from the 500 to 600 calorie range (plenty of choice), it won't take me out of my calorie zone (which is around 1800)

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment