Monday 13 November 2023

Monday, 13-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 13

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Roast Potato Seasoning which needs no explanation really.
The site says:
Spice up roast spuds for delicious results
Delivers a crispy, golden finish
Use with chips, wedges & sweet potatoes too
And, again,. there's a lot of ingredients so here's the link:
You should add it towards the end to avoid the spices burning and it says you can also use it on chips (and, I assume, wedges).

I had roasties yesterday - drat!!  Oh, well - next Sunday . . .
I wonder if it's nicer than the JD Seasonings Chips and Wedges mix.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I had an easy peeler before I went shopping and these afterwards.  Mind you, the orange was as dry as the Sahara so most of it ended up in the bin.  Really not nice at all.
Oh.  My.  Word.
This really was a roast dinner.  The Yorkshire 'platter' rose beautifully as you can see and slid out of the tin like a dream.  This was all so, so good and I scoffed the lot.  No leftovers except for a bit of gravy which is back in the freezer for another time.

I was totally stuffed.   

I changed my evening meal because there was no way I could face an all day breakfast after that lunch, especially as, by the time I had lunch, it was nearly three.  So I just made some marmite and cheese on toast and it was very good.
So I did have all of my healthy extra As and my healthy extra B after all.

And that was it.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Or I might make some porridge as well - I'll see how hungry I am when the time comes
SW:  half a healthy extra A and one B

L:  salmon, salad; fruit
I'll make some lemon mayo to go with the salmon.
SW:  one syn for super-light mayo

D: massaman beef curry, rice; fruit/yogurt
I recently started an audit of the freezer contents again and found a pot of this sauce, leftovers from a Simply Cook kit meal.  To it, I will add some minced beef and some assorted vegetables to make an easy evening meal.
I don't get Simply Cook kits at the moment - they just came too thick and fast for me to keep up with them and one doesn't always want a second and third portions to freeze all the time.  I still have some in the cupboard and ought to start using them up really.  They can be hard to syn but I need to remember I don't always have to syn my meals now as long as I am sensible and balanced about it.
Anyway - I seem to remember this was nice and the flavours should have developed will since then.
SW:  four syns for the sauce and the rest is, I think, speed and free

Edit;  I've just checked the SW side and there are loads more Simply Cook kits synned than last time I looked.  The massaman kit is four and a half per portion so I wasn't far off. was I?

Exercise:  small group circuits

Summary:
half a healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment