Wednesday 29 November 2023

Wednesday, 29-11-23

Good morning, everybody.   Welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Real comfort food for breakfast.  Porridge with stewed plums and 0% yogurt

It worked - this kept me satisfied and I just had my usual fruit later in the afternoon.
Very tasty salmon for dinner.  


Still not feeling very well but I was 100% on plan yesterday, a great relief after several less than ideal days.

Today's plans:

B:  avocado bagel, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms
A great favourite, especially with the Just Spices toppings.
SW:  one healthy extra B, three syns for 45g frozen avocado chunks

L:  cheesy beans on toast; fruit
Diving into my extra healthy extra for the toast.  Beans on toast is one of the world's great comfort foods, isn't it?
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread (might have two), one healthy extra A for grated cheese and one syn for sauce in the baked beans

D:  Korean style beef noodles; fruit/yogurt
This is one of the very few commercial SW ready meals that I like but I am using the recipe that came with the ready meal I bought a while ago and making my own.
That is something I really like - all the Slimming World ready meals (from Iceland) come with the recipe on the box/sleeve/lid.  It really does encourage you to have a go at home - cheaper and also, I am sure, nicer too.  To be fair, generally, the SW ready meals are far less ultra processed than many ready meals, unlike the hi-fi bars which I stopped getting once I read the list of 'ingredients'.
Fingers crossed that home made is nice too.
SW:  syn free

Exercise:  another rest day

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one and a half (maybe two) healthy extra Bs
foursyns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better very soon, Joy. If what you've got is the same as I had, it's very shortlived, thankfully. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I can feel it lifting although I am taking another day because of tiredness. Being kind to myself. xx

      Delete