Thursday 9 November 2023

Thursday, 09-11-12: Mini-Spicemas day 9

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Weigh-day tomorrow.  eeeek!

Today's spice sachet is Courgette Seasoning.  There's nothing on the web site about this but it looks very similar to the vegetable all rounder.
It's the first one I am a little disappointed with as I only really like courgettes in the summer, garden picked and, preferable, yellow.  I'll use it with other veg but not specifically for courgette.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Two oranges, an apple and a pear for breakfast
I swapped the other two meals round as I was out at a meeting in the evening.

I added one syns worth of mixed seeds to the mix.  It was delicious.

Later on, I had two easy peelers.


I was so glad this scrummy broccoli and butterbean soup waiting for me after the Governors' meeting.

I added some milk to it so that would be part of my second healthy extra A and there's another portion in the freezer.

Today's meal plans:

B:   fruit and yogurt
I'll try out yesterday's oatmeal seasoning thingy on the yogurt, I think.
SW:  syn free

L:  bacon and egg sarnie, salad or mushrooms and tomatoes; fruit
I'll probably have some brown sauce on the sandwich.
SW:  one healthy extra B and one syn

D:  chicken and med veg traybake
A nice, simple, one-tray meal.  I'll probably use onion, mushroom, pepper, tomatoes and babycorn (if I have any) with a chicken leg joint and some spice mix sprinkled over - oh, and garlic.  Must have garlic.
Might have some spicy sauce or some chutney too
SW:  up to two syns on sauce or chutney

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment