Wednesday 8 November 2023

Wednesday, 08-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 8

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Oatmeal Spice.   ???!!???, thought I and looked it up.
It says:
The perfect topping for your porridge!
With cocoa bean and vanilla for a natural sweetness
A sweet, nutty crunch thanks to coconut and almonds

It is a mixture of almonds, coconut, cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and ginger which sounds absolutely delicious.  It's probably be nice on rice pudding or yogurt too or pancakes (oooh - pancakes!), smoothies and baked products.

It possibly carries a syn or so but I'm not going to fuss about syns - I wouldn't have enough for it to cause any kind of sabotage.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast although I had an apple earlier, before Groove.
The vegetable allrounder was really nice sprinkled over the tomatoes and mushrooms.

Later in the afternoon, I had a couple of little pears.
. . . and the salad one worked well too.  It's a bit hard to tell but I topped the burger base with bacon, chutney, muchtooms, tomatoes and cheese with a sprinkle of pizza seasoning.  Really nice.

Dessert was a couple of easy peelers.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
Getting used to this for breakfast and might stick with it for a while.
SW:  syn free

L:  broccoli and butter bean soup; fruit
I have two broccoli stems (the best flavour is in the stems) which I will chop and cook with some soup base mix (carrot, onion and celery, chopped and frozen and a very useful thing to have in one's freezer) and a small can of butterbeans plus stock and seasonings.  I'll probably blend it smooth.
Should be really nice  especially if I fry some finely chopped bacon to sprinkle over - and some spice mix maybe.
SW:  as above, syn free, but one syn if I have a level tsp mixed seeds

D:  spaghetti (or other pasta) meatballs, broccoli; fruit/yogurt
The meatballs are the other half of yesterday's burger mix and I will make a tomato and veg sauce to go with them.
SW:  the cheese in the meatballs can be part of a healthy extra A and the cheese on top is an A too.  One has to have cheese - are you old enough to remember that song . . .
"On top of spaghetti
All covered with cheese
I had a poor meatball
Till somebody sneezed . . ."

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
one syn
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment