Wednesday 1 November 2023

Wednesday, 01-11-23: Mini-Spicemas, day 1

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Pizza Topping, containing garlic, onion, marjoram, oregano and basil.  On the site, it says:
Sprinkle over fresh or frozen pizza
Mix into your sauce or add on top after cooking.

    It's not actually pizza, but I think a sprinkle on the cheese on toast for lunch would go down a treat, don't you?

    Yesterday's meal photos:
    Breakfast was an apple before Groove and a satsuma at some point in the morning.  I really didn't feel hungry at all so that was good.

    Lovely, home made soup, using almost the last dregs of the garden tomatoes (apart from what's in the freezer).

    Then I had a plum.  Again, I really wasn't hungry which was a surprise.
    By dinner time, I was definitely hungry!  This was fairly basic but tasty.  
    I finished off with a couple of easy peelers which are really delicious at the moment.


    Today's meal plans:

    B:  fruit
    I'm going to have lunch at most people's usual time rather than mine so it's just a light breakfast.
    SW:  syn free

    L:tomato and roasted red pepper soup, cheese on toast to dip; fruit
    I made plenty of soup yesterday as I still have tomatoes ripening on the window ledge; they are kind of wrinkled and not nice to just eat raw but fine for this sort of thing.  It is such a tasty soup and I have a friend round for lunch so . . . I made enough for today too.
    SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

    D:  cottage pie, veg; fruit/yogurt
    The mince I cooked yesterday made enough for two portions so I will cover it with some mash and make a cottage pie.  Nice.
    SW:  I think it should be syn free.

    Exercise:  Personal Training today.

    Summary:
    one healthy extra A
    one healthy extra B
    no syns




    For information:
    The Slimming World structure:
    While following the plan, you can have . . .

    Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

    Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

    Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

    As a target member, I can also have . . .

    Another two healthy extras each day
    Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
    BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

    . . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment