Sunday 26 November 2023

Sunday, 26-11-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

So the spice sachet calendar is over and I have decided not to dive straight into the bigger one.  Too samey and I have a Body Shop calendar to start on the 1st December.  The big spice calendar will brighten up my January Days instead.

For the last couple of years, I have done a Festive Challenge through December which I rather enjoyed so I will do this until my Festive Jolly begins.  More in the next few days.

But for now - it's the Five Days of Nothing!  
(except for using my Christmas tableware - if it's out, I use it!  And it's out.)

Yesterday's meal photos:

Yes, I did remember to take a few.  Breakfast was an apple and some nibbles from the food prep.

Scrambled egg on toast for lunch.  Very simple and tasty too.
Our Christmas Tree buffet - plus alcohol.

I ate and drank WAY too much yesterday and now (Sunday morning), I am bloated and brain urgh.  You can always tell when you've not eaten healthily, can't you?  I certainly can and that's how I feel this morning.

Line drawn!  :-)

Back on it now.  No going short in any attempt to 'pay back the calories'; that never works for me.  So I have a proper Sunday menu worked out and I will enjoy it as things settle and get back to normal again.



Today's meal plans:

B:  waffles , fruit and yogurt
Haven't had this for a few days and it's a favourite.
When I did my shopping, I thought I would try some 5% Greek yogurt as I can't get the 2% round here at the moment.  200g is three and a half syns - that's OK
SW:  half a healthy extra B and three and a half syns for 200g yogurt (might be less)

L:  lamb chops, roasties, steamed veg
Another bag I found when sorting out part of the freezer was a bag with four lamb chops.  I know they tend to be fatty and I truly don't like meat fat (apart from pork crackling) but I can take all that off and enjoy the meat.  Not all four, obviously, but I will have two because by the time you've taken off the fat there's not a lot of meat.
I won't do a Yorkshire platter today because, after yesterday, I'm not terribly hungry
SW:  I'm counting the lamb as zero syns because I will be meticulous in removing the fat.  Two syns for gravy.

D:  baked salmon, salad; fruit/yogurt
I will do what I enjoyed before; open wrap the salmon, drizzle over a bit of sweet chilli sauce and bake in Nellie for around five to six minutes.  That's all it takes and it's lovely!
SW:  I have to decide between sweet chilli or mango and sweet chilli sauces but one and a half suns will cover the lot.

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
no healthy extra As (not deliberate, it's just how it happened)
half a healthy extra B
six syns


For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment