Friday 10 November 2023

Friday, 10-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 10

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Weigh day.  Double eeeeeek - with bells on!

Today's spice sachet is Rice Allrounder.  Oooh, interesting.
It says:
Spice up all your rice dishes
Perfect for fried rice & salad bowls
Make your rice the main attraction
And it contains 
Sea salt
Minced red onion
Grated tomato
Red bell pepper flakes
Ground paprika
Leek
Grated carrot
Parsley
Chive
Grated garlic
Coarse ground pink peppercorns
Crushed chilli 
Oh, my!!
I will have to plan something rice based tomorrow now, just to try it out.  It says it can be used with other grain products such as couscous and bulgar wheat.  Interesting!

And, finally, I think my Friday treat is going to be some nice fruit - melon, maybe, or another pineapple.  I'll see what Morrison's can offer.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Well, I have to say that oatmeal topping was lovely, giving the yogurt a slightly nutty, chocolatey vibe.  The fruit was an orange, a plum and a pear.
In the end, I didn't bother with an egg and I spend another syn on some salad cream.  I really enjoyed this.

Later on, I had an apple
I did this in Nellie the Ninja and it was so scrummy.  I really do hope when I get to the bigger Just SPices advent calendar, one of the tubs is chicken seasoning.  It's just so delicious.  I did two leg joints because they are pretty small and last time there wasn't quite enough chicken to satisfy.

The veg was broccoli, onion, pepper, mushroom and, of course, tomatoes.

I was pleasantly full so that was it and the eating window closed.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
I've enjoyed having this all week but I feel porridge breakfasts coming on as the days get colder.  Maybe mix and match?
SW:  syn free

L:  pancakes or waffles, fruit and yogurt
This was going to be soup but I'm missing my waffles/pancakes so why not have them for lunch.
SW:   half a healthy extra B plus maybe two syns for some agave nectar or maple syrup

D:  gammon, egg and chips; fruit/yogurt
Yummy but very SW friendly.
Last week, I bought a likely looking pack of 'cooking' bacon for just under a pound and, once the fat had been cut off, I was left with four nice sized steaks which went into the freezer and some bits which went into the chicken casserole.
Really looking forward to this.
SW:  the above should be syn free but I will probably have some brown sauce which will be one syn.

Plus some really nice fruit for this week's Friday Treat

Exercise:  rest day but I will be doing some walking

Summary:
no healthy extra As - hmm, I will have to do something about that
half a healthy extra B
around three syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. The rice spice mix sounds just perfect. I hope this morning's weigh in was satisfactory for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow.
      And yes, it was, thanks very much. I was a happy girl! :-)
      xx

      Delete