Sunday 5 November 2023

Sunday, 05-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 5

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Ban news first - on Friday, I gained and am now half a pound out of target range so no star on the Christmas tree this week.  Sad.

Yesterday's spice sachet was Texas BBQ mix, a dry rub which, at some point, I will rub on steak or a chicken sizzler before griddling it.  It's not BBQ weather so next best thing!

Today's spice sachet is chicken seasoning so that sorts out my Sunday lunch.  I have one chicken sizzler left so I will defrost that and use the sachet contents.

I don't have any photos to show you - Friday was taster day at group and a friend round for lunch and I was out all day yesterday.  Back to it today.
Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
I'm going to stick with fruit (and maybe yogurt) for breakfasts this week.  I will try and make it more than grab and scoff though so there will be photos.
SW:  syn free

L:  chicken and veg; fruit
A chicken sizzler with the chicken seasoning, sprayed and griddled, with a selection of veg - probably carrots, sprouts and broccoli because they're what I really love.
SW:  I really don't know about these spice sachets but it can't be damaging, not in those small amounts.

D:  chicken casserole; fruit/yogurt
This is very much like a soup so that's how I am treating it.  I'll sprinkle over some of the pizza seasoning from Friday (I think it was Friday anyway!)
SW:  syn free

Exercise:  I'm having a much needed rest day - I'm shattered after yesterday's trip to Simply Christmas at the NEC

Summary:
no healthy extra As
no healthy extra B
syn free
(not great but that's there the fancy takes me today)

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment