Thursday 2 November 2023

Thursday, 02-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 2

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Mexican All-Rounder.  The site says it is . . .
Perfect with chilli, enchiladas and nachos
Spices up dips like hot salsa and guacamole
The easy way to cook Mexican dishes at home
So now I know.  I'm going to change my planning from a chicken casserole to chicken fajitas with lots of lovely peppers (I have plenty to use up), onion and mushroom.  
Yesterday's meal photos:
Oh, dear, this week hasn't been great for photos.
Breakfast was an apple and two plums.
Lunch was soup and cheesy toast but because I had a guest, I didn't take any photos.  And I forgot to sprinkle over the pizza topping, doh!!

A simple, straightforward cottage pie made a lovely dinner and I really enjoyed it.

However, in the interests of complete honesty and accountability, I need to confess that I face planted into the biscuit container again and now I am fighting to remain positive and confident in myself.  I really mustn't feel guilty; that leads to my downward path . . .
Maybe I should keep the box in the garden room - they are in an air tight box with a clip on lit and they would be out of sight and not so easy to get to - in the rain, anyway!
Yes, I think I might do that until the garden room is finished.  Then I don't need to have any in the house at all.
Today's meal plans:
Planning some favourite meals that excite my taste buds.  Fingers crossed.

B:  avocado toast (or bagel), egg, mushrooms, tomatoes
A favourite! 
SW:  two syns for 30g frozen avocado and one healthy extra B

L:  spicy carrot and lentil soup, mixed seeds; fruit
This is the recipe I will be using:
I won't be adding leaf coriander (yuck) but I'll probably sprinkle a few seeds over.  Also, I will most likely blend half rather then the whole lot, to keep a bit of texture
SW:  one syn for a level tsp mixed seeds

D:  chicken fajitas; fruit and yogurt
Just a nice, big bowl of spicy chicken, peppers, onions and mushrooms, probably with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.  Nice.
SW:  should be syn free

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
no healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
three syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment