Tuesday 14 November 2023

Tuesday, 14-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 14

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Banana Bread Seasoning.  Doesn't that sound nice.  I have no intention of baking banana bread but in the recipe book that came free with the calendar, it suggests adding it to porridge with banana on top and I expect or would be nice on/in rice pudding and, maybe, in yogurt too.
The site says:
Add to your banana bread mix or use as a topping
Also delicious with porridge & muesli
Packs a natural sweet crunch
and it contains banana (dried, I presume), roasted cocoa bean, cinnamon and cardamom - yummy!



Yesterday's meal photos:

I was in rather a rush and didn't photo breakfast.  It was porridge and plums - I skipped the yogurt.  Half an A and one B and very nice it was too.
I didn't photo dinner either, but I did remember lunch!


I baked the salmon in Nellie with a little drizzle of sweet chilli sauce and it was delicious.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and, maybe, yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:   jacket potato, savoury mince, salad; fruit
Nice and simple, using some ready cooked mince.  I'm feeling cold today so this will be perfect.
SW:  one syn for some salad cream


D:  macaroni cheese, broccoli; fruit/yogurt
I'll melt some Seriously lighter cheese spread into cooked macaroni or other pasta, sprinkle over some grated parmesan and let it bubble under the grill.  Might add some mushrooms to the macaroni mix - that sounds nice.
SW:  two healthy extra As

Exercise:  it was going to be Groove class but I woke with a threatening migraine so gave it a miss and am resting up - that's why this is later than usual.

Summary:
two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
one syn

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment