Sunday 12 November 2023

Sunday, 12-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 12

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is a Pasta Allrounder.
The site says:
Mediterranean spice mix for pasta
Contains approx. 22 servings
All the flavour you need in one po
t

And it contains an awful lot of herbs and spices which I can't be bothered to type out here.  Here's a link - just click on what's included for a drop down.

There seems to be an awful lot of the 'all rounder' type of mixes.  This one looks pretty good though, if you enjoy a pasta meal and it's not going to clash with whatever sauce you use.  It says you can use it for other Med dishes - I will try it with roasted Med veg and see.

Ah - I've just clicked another drop down box at the bottom and it says:
Use about 4-6 pinches from our Pasta Allrounder to season your pasta sauces. Simply add directly to the sauce when cooking. If necessary - and if you like it a little stronger - you can add more of the seasoning mix. Top your finished dish with 1 pinch of the Pasta Allrounder or use it as a topping to conjure up some Italian flavour on other dishes.
So it is for the sauce, not just the actual pasta.  That makes more sense.
Yesterday's meal photos:

It's been ages since I had porridge and I really enjoyed this.  Under the porridge is (was!) a chopped pear and a chopped plum and I added some of the oatmeal spice to the porridge as it cooked and sprinkled the rest over the top.
I do like this spice mix.

Very satisfying and perfect for a chilly morning.
In the end, I decided to have two Bs and made a proper toastie and it was very nice.  Add three syns, two for the chutney and one for salad cream.

This most recent batch of bread makes lovely toast.

For afters, I had an easy peeler.
Dinner was - OK.  It was nice enough but I won't get that sauce again (I could taste the ultra processed-ness of it, perhaps) and I don't think the rice spice added anything to the mix whatsoever.

Not my most successful dinner but it was OK.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I have some nice fruit to use so this will be good.
SW:  syn free

L:  roast turkey dinner on a yorkshire platter
Not really roast turkey, I have a really nice slice of turkey breast from the deli counter to reheat and have with roasties and assorted veg plus stuffing balls made from a rosemary and red onion sausage (free), all served on a Yorkshire platter with some veg - probably roasted parsnips and steamed broccoli, sprouts and carrots.  Very Sunday lunch!
I found some turkey stock in the freezer so I will make some gravy.  Bisto gravy powder is half a syn for a level tsp and I'm going to assume two tsps
I now have some cranberries in the freezer so I can make my own cranberry sauce using sugarly and, as I don't syn cooked fruit, that will be free.  If I do add some 'real' sugar, I will say.
It's going to be a proper roast dinner today, isn't it?
SW:  the yorkshire platter is four and a half syns (two and a half for flour and two for oil), the Bisto powder is two syns and I think the rest will be free food.

D:  sausage, scrambled egg, fried bread, tomatoes and mushrooms, possibly some baked beans; fruit/yogurt
In other words, an all day breakfast.
I can use yesterday's scrambled egg seasoning and the fried bread isn't really naughty, it is just bread, sprayed with calories stuff and then crisped up either in the pan or under the grill (probably the grill)
SW:  three syns for one Morrisons best Cumberland sausages, half a healthy extra B for bread

Exercise:  rest day

Summary:
no healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
nine and a half syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment