Wednesday 15 November 2023

Wednesday, 15-11-23: Mini-Spicemas, day 15

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Are we really half way through November already - where's the time going?

Today's spice sachet is Ground Meat Seasoning.
The site says:
The perfect addition to any mince dish
No other herbs or spices necessary
Gives vegetarian mince an extra bite
I eat quite a lot of mince based dishes, one way and another, so am really pleased to get this.

It contains red onion, sea salt, paprika, garlic, black pepper, marjoram, savory, yellow mustard seed, coriander, hot red paprika and cumin.  Quite a delicious sounding range of herbs and spices, I think.
Yesterday's meal photos:

Because I was feeling quite ropey, I just had an apple for breakfast.

This was lunch.  There's a little jacket potato under that mince.

Later on, I had a pear.
And here's dinner.  Really nice and filling.  I forgot to add mushrooms so I sprinkled over a few mixed seeds for an extra syn.  I will do that again - they worked really well.

I almost always use whole wheat pasta which is why it's that colour


And that was yesterday.  


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
Yummy
SW:  syn free

L:  scrambled eggs on toast, finger salad; fruit
I have to try the egg seasoning sachet, don't I?
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  salmon curry in a hurry, basmati rice, onion bhaji; fruit/yogurt
Both the curry and the bhajis are SW recipes.  If you have access to the site, here's the bhaji link . . .
. . . and here's the curry link . . .
. . . which is not a SW site link so you can access it.
Because I am trying to be a Good Girl, I will syn the gram flour used in the bhajis  😇
SW:  four syns for 25g gram flour and I think the rest is syn free.

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
no healthy extra As (hmmmm?)
one healthy extra B
four syns


For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment