Thursday 16 November 2023

Thursday, 16-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 16

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is Sandwich Seasoning.  I mean, what ????????
It says:
For sandwiches, bread & toast
Contains approx. 33 servings
Add a few pinches for fantastic natural flavour
(whatever that last means)

Presumably I could add a pinch to a toastie?  A quesadilla?  
What's in it?  Oh, goodness, a whole load of things.
Here's the link, if you're interested.  Click on 'what's included'.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Pineapple, melon, apple and easy peeler for breakfast.  Really good!
The scrambled egg spice was really nice, enhancing rather than dominating.  I topped it with some cheese for an A, seeing as I hadn't planned any.
I enjoyed this chicken (not salmon as planned) curry very much, even though the bhajis caught a bit when I was reheating them.  Ooops.
They were still nice though.

I had three titchy easy peelers for dessert.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit
Fruit salad and yogurt.  I have pineapple, melon and grapes as well as the more ordinary fruits so it will make a very nice fruit salad.
And I have some sweet allrounder to add to the yogurt.
SW:  syn free

L:  cheese and onion toastie; salad; fruit
Because I love a toastie!  Bit of bacon, bit of cheese, bit of chutney and some of that sandwich seasoning.  
SW:  up to two healthy extra As and one healthy extra B plus one syn for salad cream/mayo

D:  steak, mushrooms in a 'creamy' sauce, roasted med veg; fruit/yogurt
Last week, there was some nice fillet steak on the butcher's counter so I got him to cut me a couple of slices.  Ouch, not cheap but nice as a very SW friendly treat.
The sauce is just mushrooms, cooked in spray oil with some philly light melted in and some black pepper over.  Much nicer than it sounds.
I might go for grilled tomatoes rather than roasted veg - see how I feel.
SW:  25g soft cheese is two syns but I might have a bit more.  Let's call it three syns.

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns


For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment