Friday 17 November 2023

Friday, 17-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 17

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Weigh in today,  fingers crossed.

Today's spice sachet is Aglio E Olio Seasoning.  I knew aglio means garlic and olio is oil (or vice versa) but . . .
It seems it's a pasta dish.  Aglio e olio pasta.  
Seasoning mix for aglio e olio pasta
Contains approx. 16 servings
Mix with oil & enjoy the taste of Italy

Hmm - OK.  It seems you heat oil, add the spice mix, cook it for a short time and stir it into cooked pasta - but an awful lot of oil so maybe not at the moment.

It also says:
In addition to the classic spaghetti aglio e olio, this seasoning goes well with anything that needs a little garlic and spiciness. Our Aglio e Olio Seasoning also works well with Mediterranean vegetables, sauces, meat or fish – there are no limits to your creativity. Dips or marinades can also be refined with this seasoning without any effort. Sounds like the perfect all-rounder, right? Get more inspiration from our community and start experimenting in your kitchen!

Hmm again.  I must ponder on this one.
Yesterday's meal photos:

This was delicious with on of the sweeter mixed stirred into the yogurt, can't remember which one and am too lazy to go and check!  :-)
Three cheers for toasties.  So, so good.

I had an apple later on
Not a very good photo but a very, very good steak.  Good old Morrisons!
It doesn't look like loads but I was full to satisfaction.  Perfick!



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I still have some nice fruit to use up, not necessarily speed but definitely free!
SW:  syn free

L:   cheesy corned beef quesadilla, side salad; fruit
Not quite the same as a toastie but similar and very delicious indeed.  No apologies!
I use half a small can of Prince's lean corned beef and mash into it some softened onion and grated cheese, spread some onion chutney (or other chutney) over half a wrap, spread over the corned beef mix, fold over the other half of the wrap and grill it under a medium heat to give the cheese a chance to melt.
(and I could try some of yesterday's sandwich seasoning, maybe, or today's mix)
SW:  one healthy extra A, one B for the wrap, two and a half syns for the corned beef and one and a half for chutney


D:  hunters chicken, chips; fruit/yogurt
I have some nice red pepper sauce in the freezer which I can use for this.  I'm pretty sure I used the Pinch of Nom recipe.
So it's chicken, sliced mushroom, sauce and grated cheese on top and I haven't had this for absolutely ages.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese but I think the rest is free.

I'm not sure if I actually want a Friday treat today.  Maybe I will make a black forest frozen yogurt thingy for dinner dessert instead.

Exercise:  rest day although I will do some walking, I am sure.

Summary:
two healthy extra As, maybe a bit more (all on cheese!)
one healthy extra B
four syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment