Saturday 18 November 2023

Saturday, 18-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 18

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

I was so very pleased at SW yesterday.  One and a half off and right back at target again.  This fruit for breakfast strategy really does seem to be helping.
That's another star on the Christmas tree.  Only one missed so far.

Today's spice sachet is Mediterranean Vegetable Allrounder.  I like this as I often make what I call roasted Med veg in Nellie.  This should work with that, shouldn't it?

The site says:
Ideal for roasted vegetables and stir-fries
Gives roast potatoes a taste of the Mediterranean
Make every meal deliciously Mediterranean
Well - maybe not every meal but we will see. I'm not sure when I will plan it in but soon.

The site suggests:
Of course, our Mediterranean Vegetable Allrounder goes best with Mediterranean vegetables from aubergine to peppers and courgettes. You can also use our Mediterranean seasoning to make great marinades or dressings and drizzle over vegetables, antipasti or salads. Our Mediterranean vegetable seasoning is suitable for all kinds of different Spanish, Italian, French and Greek recipes from such as a delicious vegetable paella, pasta dishes as well as fish and meat. Get creative . . .

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was three digestive biscuits, eaten on the run.  Bad me!
(I enjoyed them though!)

This was nice - corned beef quesadillas for lunch.  Yum
The hunters' chicken was so, so good.  I didn't do any extra veg because it was already enough and there's veg in the recipe anyway - as the photo shows.

I used the roast potato spice seasoning and it's really very good - nicer, I think, than the JD Seasonings chips and wedges mix (which is also nice) - less smoked paprika-ish, I think.

So delicious!

Today's meal plans:

B:  porridge with banana
I have ta try out the banana loaf spice mix so I get a few bananas yesterday and am going to make some banana flavoured porridge.  I like a dab of yogurt on the top so I might make that a bit chocolatey with skinny syrup.  Sounds nice.
OR
If the walk does happen (see below), I will take some fruit with me
SW:  half a healthy extra A and one healthy extra B OR syn free

L:  corned beef hash, salad; fruit
I have half a can of corned beef left from yesterday so - good old corned beef hash.
I will soften onion, add cooked potato and fry until it's crispy round the edges before adding cubed corned beef.  I have some A to play with so I'll probably top it with some grated cheese.
Really tasty with some brown sauce and a side salad.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, two syns for the corned beef and one syn for brown sauce.

D:  an all day breakfast
Some bacon, a sausage, egg, 'fried' bread, tomato, mushroom, beans - oooh, lovely!
I might not have all of it - it depends how hungry I feel when the time comes.
SW:  three syns for a sausage and half a B for bread

Exercise:  SET online first thing and then there's a small group walk planned but the forecast isn't wonderful so it might not come off.

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one and a half healthy extra Bs
six syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment