Thursday 23 November 2023

Thursday, 23-11-23: Mini Spicemas, day 23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's penultimate spice sachet is Tomato Mozzarella Seasoning.  I rarely eat mozzarella so am now sure about this one but it says:
Tomato and mozzarella just got even more delicious
Contains approx. 26 servings
Perfect for tomato salad, antipasti and bruschetta
and
The Tomato & Mozzarella Seasoning is, of course, perfectly designed for refining this simple Italian classic. But it goes just as well with all other antipasti dishes and Mediterranean recipes. Our tomato mozzarella spice is an absolute all-rounder and gives all kinds of salad dressings and tomato sauces a special taste. You should also try it as a caprese salad seasoning.
Add approx. 1.5 tsp of our Tomato & Mozzarella Seasoning to your portion or mix it together with a little olive oil as a marinade. The longer you soak the spice mixture in oil, the stronger the wonderful aromas of the spices and herbs develop.

We will see but I suspect this will live in the cupboard for quite a long time.
Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was a few slices of pineapple that needed using up.  I really wasn't feeling very hungry at all.

Lunch was lovely.  The fish allrounder spice mix complemented the cod so well and really enhanced the flavour.
I also sprinkled some vegetable all rounder over the tomatoes and mushrooms while they were cooking and that was tasty too.

Later on, I had half a raw carrot.
It's funny how some days are hungry days and other days you really don't fancy very much at all.  I had planned vegetables to go with this carbonara but, when it came to it, nope.
I sprinkled in some Italian allrounder which was great and also added one syns-worth of mixed seeds.
And that was it for the day.


Today's meal plans:

B:  marmite toast with cheesy topping, fruit
I've been a bit naughty with my healthy Bs recently so making sure I have it today.
SW:  one healthy A and half a healthy B

L:  avocado toast with egg, mushroom and tomato
A great favourite!
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of toast, two syns for 30g frozen avocado and the rest is speed/free

D:  beef casserole and assorted veg
When I was pondering fish yesterday, I sorted out the bag containing my frozen beef, lamb and fish and found, right at the bottom, several bags of lean casserole steak that was older than I care to admit.  I defrosted it all and, surprisingly, it was all fit to slow cook so I did a batch of slow cooker beef casserole; I now have four really delicious and winter warmer sized portions of comforting deliciousness.
I tried the ground beef spice mix and, yes, it worked so very well.
SW:  it's a bit hard to tell but I am going to say two syns for the flour I dusted the meat in.  That's it.

Exercise:  Lindsey's online SET class and personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns


For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment