Wednesday 22 November 2023

Wednesday, 22-11-23: Mini Spicemas day 22

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is a Fish Allrounder.  Now, I always feel that I ought to eat way more fish than I actually do so this is a good one.
It says:
Make fish dishes a taste sensation
Perfect for marinated prawns
Delicious in curries too

And further down . . .
Add 1 tsp of the mix to 250 g of fish. Simply use it as a marinade for your fish. Whether grilling, frying or baking – this fish spice rounds off your fish dish perfectly.

Here's the link for more info:

Sounds nice and simple to me.  Now, when can I fit fish into my current plans.  I think I will move today's planned lunch to tomorrow . . . I know I have fish in the freezer.
Yesterday's meal photos:

Not what I had planned!
When I got back from Groove (and the walk there and back), I was so hungry that I knew just fruit and yogurt wasn't going to hit the spot.  I hadn't planned any healthy extra Bs so I used a half B and an egg with yogurt and some plums and made pancakes.  And they were lovely!
Leftovers from last night with a salad for lunch.  Delish!  I sprinkled over a tsp of mixed seeds for one syn - I do love them and they're so good for us.
I had some grapes for afters and later on I had half a carrot (I'd used the first half in the lunchtime salad).
That kept me going until dinner time.

And that was bacon and mushroom risotto with broccoli and peas on the side.  I do like risotto; it's delicious although it takes a while to make as you have to keep stirring it.
I mixed in some of the Italian allrounder spice - I couldn't taste anything specific in terms of spices, my palate isn't that 'refined', but the whole thing certainly did taste good.
I also spend another syn on more mixed seeds.  

Dessert was some more grapes.  Nice.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  baked cod, mushrooms and tomatoes; fruit
Changed from the originally planned lunch because I want to try the fish seasoning.  I have white fish as well as salmon in the freezer so spoilt for choice.
I think I will open bake the fish in Nellie, with slices of lemon and some of the fish allrounder sprinkled over plus a few sprays of oil.  Five minutes should do it nicely!
SW:  syn free.  I don't know whether the spice has syns but it can't be much so I'm not stressing.

D:  chicken carbonara, broccoli; fruit/yogurt
I make the sauce using an egg yolk and some grated Italian cheese - whatever kind I have in the cheese box at the time - mixed well together and seasoned with black pepper and a bit of salt (the cheese will be salty so go carefully)
It's dead easy - I cook spaghetti, soften some chopped onion with some bacon and, perhaps, some chopped mushroom too because the flavour is great.  I add strips of chicken and continue cooking until they are done too, then I add it all to the cooked and drained spaghetti, take it off the heat but keep the ring on in case it is needed, pour over the seasoned sauce and keep stirring until the egg cooks, the cheese melts and the sauce is lovely and creamy.  As it's off the ring, the residual heat should be enough but if it needs a bit more, pop the pan back on the ring, keep stirring and watch it very carefully - we don't want scrambled eggs instead of a smooth sauce!
And it's very SW friendly.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, maybe more, but the rest should be syn free

Exercise:  personal training and some walking.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
syn free - weird when you look at what I'm having but that is what it says.  I'm having what I want and not going short so there you go!  Maybe I could use real oil with the cod - yes, I'll do that.  So two syns for one tsp oil.

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment