Tuesday 28 November 2023

Tuesday, 28-11-23

Good morning, everybody.   Welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Yesterday wasn't great - A coldy virus landed and I crashed, sleeping for a lot of the time in-between coughs and splutters.  Feed a cold, they say.
Oh, well, what goes up, must come down, as another saying goes.  But I think I might not weigh this week.  I don't have to.
Yesterday's meal photos:

I just took the one photo - the toastie for lunch.  

Today's plans:  
I was having a friend over for lunch but, obviously, that's been rearranged now.  

B:  porridge with plums and yogurt
I stewed the plums yesterday but didn't have them and no way am I wasting them - they're the last of the Lathcoats picked ones.
I don't syn stewed fruit.
SW:  one healthy extra B and half a healthy extra A

L:  cottage pie and veg; fruit
I made this up yesterday but, again, didn't have it, so it must be used up today.  I'm hoping a more substantial lunch will keep me on track a bit better today.
The topping is rough mashed potato, parsnip and sweet potato and I'll probably sprinkle over half an As-worth of hard Italian grated.
SW:   half a healthy extra A

D:  salmon, chips, peas; fruit/yogurt
 I plan to drizzle some sweet chilli dipping sauce over salmon and bake in one side of Nellie while I cook chip-type potato pennies in the other side.  
SW:  two syns for the sweet chilli sauce

Exercise:  It was Groove but I have cancelled.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment