Saturday 11 November 2023

Saturday, 11-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 11

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

I was a very happy bunny yesterday at group - two pounds off and I'm well into my target range again.  All that fruit must have done some good!
So that's another star on the Christmas Tree.  

Today's spice sachet is Scrambled Egg seasoning.  OK!!
The site says:
Sprinkle on to spice up scrambled eggs
Easy to use for a natural flavour hit
With salt, pepper, parsley & chive
 - so maybe not the most interesting mix but scrambled egg is a regular in my diet so it'll get used.  I'll let you know.
Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast - a nice collection of fruit..

When I did my shop in Morrisons, I fell for a bag of cashews - raw cashews which I absolutely love.  So I got some and ate them and I was totally full so no other lunch.
This was a lovely, cold weather, comfort food dinner of gammon, egg and chips.  So, so homey!

And that was it for Friday.


Today's meal plans:

B:  porridge, fruit and yogurt
It's time.  And I have that oatmeal sachet to use.  Lovely.
SW:  part of a healthy extra A for milk and one healthy extra B for oats

L:  open cheese toastie, salad; fruit
In other words, cheese on toast with extra bits.  Lovely!
SW:  up to one and a half healthy extra As, half a B for one slice of bread

D:  sweet and sour chicken stir fry, rice; fruit/yogurt
I have a sachet of Sharwoods lower sugar sweet and sour sauce, probably a fine example of ultra processed stuff but not to worry!  I want to use some of yesterday's rice allrounder on some basmati rice.
SW:  three and a half syns for half of the sachet of sauce

Exercise:  early morning online SET class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one and a half healthy extra Bs
three and a half syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you lost, Joy, must really give you a boost to be back in range again. Well done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It really did make me extremely happy and I still feel good about it this morning. xx

      Delete