Monday 6 November 2023

Monday, 06-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 6

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is ambiguously called 'Bowl Topping.  The site says:
Makes quick and simple meals tasty
An ideal topping for soups and salads
Delicious natural texture and flavour
I have salad planned for lunch today so I'll give it a whirl.

I'm really enjoying this calendar - It's kind of exciting to see what's behind the door each morning and then thinking how I can use it.  It's not the cheapest in the world (I got mine with an offer) but it's a bit different, and not samey from day to day - and by that, I mean what's in the sachets is very different from day to day.

(not my photo - it's from the site)

Yesterday's meal photos:

This was breakfast and, yes, I did wash the plums (and the rest) after taking the photo.  :-)
After enjoying this for Sunday lunch, I can thoroughly recommend the chicken seasoning (from Just Spices).  It took half the sachet and when I put it on, it smelled strongly of celery salt, I thought, but once cooked it was just a delicious addition, not hot but it created a gentle, warm hum on the tongue.
I'm hoping that when I open the big calendar with the tubs, that this is one of them.   
It will be lovely on turkey steaks and, I think, on pork.  Not so sure about beef.

Afters was a couple of slices of fresh pineapple which was last Friday's 'treat'.  I thought that, after a bit of a gain, this was better than nuts!

By the time I had added a bit of rice and some more mushrooms, this was more a casserole than a soup.  I couldn't really taste the pizza spice - maybe I should have used more.
I had an apple for dessert.

Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  cheesy bacon toastie, salad; fruit
- because I simply love this lunch.  And I made the bread yesterday.
SW:  one healthy extra A, one healthy extra B, two syns for a level tbsp caramelised onion marmalade (Tracklements and absolutely gorgeous)

D:  macaroni cheese stuffed peppers, veg; fruit/yogurt
This is a Slimming World recipe but I am adapting it because you really can't call quark a cheese flavour - well, I can't anyway.  I will use some Seriously lighter soft cheese and season it with garlic granules, some softened onion, chopped mushrooms and a pinch of chilli flakes.  The basic recipe says you deseed halves of pepper, cook macaroni, melt the cheesy mixture into the macaroni (or whatever pasta you choose to use), sprinkle over a but of parmesan or Italian hard cheese of some kind and grill for a short time.  I'll try some pizza topping again and use a bit more this time.
Sounds nice, doesn't it? 
SW:  one healthy extra A and 5g of hard Italian cheese is one syn so I'm estimating two syns.

Exercise:  small group circuits

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns - possibly five if I need a bit more hard Italian cheese.

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment