Tuesday 7 November 2023

Tuesday, 07-11-23: Mini-Spicemas day 7

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today's spice sachet is a Vegetable Allrounder.  The site says . . .
Seasoning mix for all types of vegetables
Contains approx. 50 servings
Transform the taste of your greens in an instant
. . . and that it contains sea salt, crushed black Tellicherry pepper, grated garlic, grated onion, ground paprika, ground cumin, ground lemon zest, chilli powder.
Sounds OK, doesn't it?  I don't think I can use it today, sadly, looking at what I have planned; maybe tomorrow.
 
Yesterday's meal photos:

A selection of fruit for breakfast - pineapple, melon, pear and easy peelers.  Very refreshing.
A lovely, crunchy cheesy bacon toastie with a shedload of salad.  The bowl seasoning was nice - nothing obvious but it imparted a pleasant seasoned 'hum' to the salad.  
Afters was an apple.

The macaroni cheese stuffed peppers were absolutely delicious - definitely doing that again.

I was full up so that was it for the day.  



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  avocado bagel, scrambled egg, salad or mushrooms and tomatoes; fruit
I have a tub of avocado topping which is very tasty so I'll have a pinch of that on the avo.
Whether I have salad or the other depends on the weather and what I fancy.
SW:  one healthy extra B and two syns for 30g avocado

D:   bunless bacon cheeseburger, salad; fruit/yogurt
The idea is to make a burger the usual way with 100g pork or beef mince and a rosemary and red onion sausage with softened onion, a bit of grated cheddar and seasonings and I want to shape it wider and flatter than usual.
(This amount will also make a portion of meatballs for tomorrow)
I fancy cooking the burger, then layering it  (in supporting foil) with a bacon medallion, mushroom slices, tomato slices and cheese with a sprinkle of pizza topping and sliding it under the grill or in Nellie for a few minutes to melt the cheese. 
Does that sound muddled?  I know what I mean anyway!
SW:  5g grated cheese in the burger is a bit of a healthy extra A(10g in the mix but half for tomorrow) and one A for cheese on top

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
two syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound muddled at all, Joy - I know exactly what you mean. A bunless burger sounds really good. When I used to eat meat and we had a burger out somewhere, I almost always left at least one half of the bun, and sometimes in a restaurant I asked for the burger without the bun. I always used to feel a bit awkward doing that, but apparently it's a common thing now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rolls they use now - brioche rolls, I think - ar quite nice but the traditional 'burger bun' is pretty yucky - floppy, flabby, tasteless things. And I agree - lots of people are reducing the amount of bread they eat.
      xx

      Delete