Tuesday 31 October 2023

Tuesday, 31-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

A little while ago I got two advent calendars from Just Spices.  I meant to just get the big one but there was a special on and I had a discount code and maybe my mouse slipped a bit.  They're much of a muchness except that the little one has sachets of different spice mixes while the larger one has little pots.
They come with recipes but I won't be able to access the recipes until December so I will have to be inventive.  I wasn't to use them as much as possible.

As I will be away for Christmas, Dec 20th is the last day I can do an Advent calendar.  So I counted back 25 days and then another 25 days and it got me to November 1st.  So Mini Spicemas starts tomorrow.  🎄🎄🎄
Yesterday's meal photos:

Looks like a burnt offering, doesn't it?
The egg was definitely overcooked but still nice - I don't mind solid yolk, I just prefer runny yolk.
The bubble and squeak waffles looked burnt but weren't, they just went that colour.
The tomatoes were, unfortunately, a bit scorched.  But I still ate them.  A bit of charcoal is good for the bowel, my dear dad used to say.
Very simple and very tasty.

And I had a brainwave.  I used half of the can for lunch and I rinsed the other half well and used it for the evening Jack Monroe burgers instead of kidney beans.  It worked really wall.

I though I had taken a photo of dinner but there wasn't anything on the camera so obviously I didn't, did I?

More unfortunately, after days of resisting biscuits, I crashed and made great inroads into them.  Oh, drat!
So today's meals are very light, probably lower in calories that I would want them to be, but I can do this.  It's not something I would normally wish to do - over eat and then under eat - but once in a blue moon won't hurt and my meals will still be delicious, nutritious and home made.  
Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
SW:  syn free

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup; fruit
My favourite recipe!
SW:  should be syn free

D:  cheesy pasta bake, veg; fruit/yogurt
One of those wing it, use what you have, recipes
SW:  one healthy extra A for grated cheese on top


Exercise:  Groove

Summary:
one healthy extra A
no healthy extra Bs
syn free - and NO BISCUITS!
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment