Wednesday 25 October 2023

Wednesday, 25-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Just an ordinary cooked breakfast and the tomatoes were tasteless.  I've been spoilt over the summer, haven't I?  
Did the quesadilla waffle recipe work?   Indeed it did and they were delicious.  The filling was grated cheese and a mix of fried onion and sliced pepper with taco seasoning mix.

Did it make a bit of a mess of the waffle maker.  Yup!  But worth it!

Afterwards, I had an apple and later on a pear.
The salmon curry in a hurry was just as nice as I remembered it.
Dessert was another pear - I have several in a bowl that need eating in the next few days.  That's pears for you.


A colourful day's food, wasn't it?

Today's meal plans:

B:  hash brown waffle, egg, mushrooms, maybe tomatoes too
Another recipe from my waffle maker manual and it looks very SW friendly.  If it works, I will post it.
SW:  20g lower fat cheddar is half a healthy extra A

L:  going out and I have absolutely no idea.  I will take a couple of apples in my bag, just in case 

D:  corned beef and cheese 'pasty', baked beans; fruit/yogurt
I have half a can of lean corned beef left over from Monday which I plan to mash with some grated cheese, some softened onion and, maybe, a bit of brown sauce and make a wrap pasty.
I might have a salad instead - it depends on how cold I feel really!
SW:  one healthy extra B for the wrap, one and a half healthy extra As for cheese and half a syn for brown sauce.

Exercise:  something online.   Come back, Lindsey, all is forgiven.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
unknown syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment