Friday 20 October 2023

Friday, 20-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Today is weigh in, of course, so fingers crossed.  
Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast was a couple of apples eaten on the coach so no photos, obviously.

I had lunch in the Ely Cathedral Almonry and this is what I had.  It was top notch - the bread couldn't have been fresher, the cheese had great flavour, the caramelised onion chutney was just what it should be and the portions of salad and crisps were generous.
And I ate the lot!
The second portion of sardine puttanesca was just as tasty as the first.  Apologies for the messy bowl - I just microwaved it and ate it from the same bowl. forgetting it would look a right mess in the photo.
My excuse is that I was a bit tired after a day out.  :-)



Today's meal plans:

B:  halloumi eggy crumpets with bacon and tomatoes 
This is a sort of Jamie recipe but simplified.  The idea is to soak a crumpet thin in beaten and seasoned egg and fry it (like eggy bread), cook a couple of bacon medallions to go on top, spray fry some tomatoes and then wipe the bowl and grate a little bit of halloumi into the pan.  When it's 'golden', ease it off and lay it over the bacon.
Will it work?  Well, Jamie says it will.  I'll let you know.
SW:  three syns for the crumpet and half an A for grated halloumi

L:  cheesy beans on toast; fruit
Just nice, simple and basic.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for one slice of bread and one syn for grated cheddar

D:  chicken and chips; fruit/yogurt
The plan is to flatten some chicken and egg and breadcrumb it before spray frying while the chips are doing in Nellie.  I might jazz up the breadcrumbs with some spice.I'll have a side salad too.
SW:  half a B for breadcrumbs, one and a half syns for chutney and one syn for super light mayo

I think my Friday treat will be some mixed nuts - nice and healthy and unprocessed and I'm looking forward to them already.  

Exercise:  I need to catch the SET class I missed yesterday and which Lindsey recorded

Summary:
one and a half healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
six and a half syns
plus the nuts!
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. The crumpet idea sounds good, I might try that sometime (once I've read your report on it!). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice, Sooze. I'm doing it again, definitely. Trouble is, there aren't enough days in the week for all the lovely breakfasts I want to have. :-) xx

      Delete