Saturday 7 October 2023

Saturday, 07-10-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome back to my proper blog (apart from meal photos - sorry, what with one thing and another, I didn't take them) after five days away on holiday.  It's been lovely but I'm so glad to be home again too.

I'm not kidding myself that this weekend will be easy.  It won't, I have to get all the UPF rubbish out of my system but I know what to do, I've done it before and, undoubtedly, I will do it again.

And I'm getting back to eating only between eleven and seven so a 16-8 Intermittent Fasting strategy; it died a temporary death this last week.

So watch this space, eh?

Today's plans:

B:  Autumn pancakes with fruit and yogurt
Back to my weekend favourite, pancakes made with wholemeal SR flour that I often count as a healthy extra (half, because I just have 20g) but not today because of dinner and I will add some mixed spice to the batter for an Autumn vibe and have apple and blackberries with the yogurt.  I will also allow for some maple syrup.
SW:  three and a half syns for the flour and two syns for maple syrup (which I may not have)

L:  home made soup of some kind; fruit
I'm not sure what soup I can make but it will probably have lentils in for their filling qualities and will be veg based.  Maybe something like spiced tomato, red pepper and lentil.
SW:  syn free and lots of speed

D:   pork mince enchiladas, side salad; fruit/yogurt
For this, I will make some spicy bolognaise type mixture with pork mince and veg, some tomato passata from my garden tomatoes, a WW wrap that I can fill, roll and cut in half, and some half and half cheddar and mozzarella cheese topping.  It's easy to make a simple salsa topping too - tomato, chopped onion, bit of chilli, bit of lime juice and I can use 0% yogurt as a cooler, if needed.
SW:  one healthy extra A and one B

Exercise:  Not sure - probably a walk and some generally being active round the house stuff.  AFter a bit of heavy lifting yesterday, the old back is rebelling!  :-)

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns.

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment