Tuesday 10 October 2023

Tuesday, 10-10-23

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintain journey blog.
To be precise, it's my 'getting back into maintaining'  this week but let's not argue about it because, really, I'm just aiming to eat healthily and mindfully  and I want to sustain this long term.

Yesterday's meal photos:

A simple, classic breakfast that kept me energised through circuits.

After I got home, I had an apple.
I forgot I was going to have cheese on this - so I had it as a nibble snack later on instead.

Afters was a pear.
The chicken fajitas was so, so good and very easy.  I'm definitely doing this again.  I know the wraps aren't really a B but tough!
The sides were a simple salsa made with tomatoes, peppers and cucumber, salt, pepper, lime juice and chilli flakes, some grated cheese, some 0% Greek yogurt instead of soured cream and some smashed avocado with lime juice and seasonings.
This is how I ate them - I'm sorry it's a bit out of focus but it gives you the idea.

And that was it - I was full up.


Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and yogurt
I think I might use a selection of frozen fruits today, seeing as I have plenty.
SW:  syn free unless I treat myself to some kind of sauce 

L:  cheesy beans on toast; fruit
I have a friend over for lunch - a really good friend so I asked her about beans on toast and, like me, she loves them.  Not a fancy meal at all but we will feel well fed!
(and she does Slimming World too )
SW: one healthy extra A and one healthy extra B

D:  lasagne, side salad; fruit/yogurt
I made this lasagne about a fortnight ago and froze one portion.  Really looking forward to it - there's something about the combination of pasta, tomatoes and cheese that just works for me every time.
SW:  one healthy extra A and half a syn (it says on the wrapper)

Exercise:  Groove class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
between half and two syns, depending on whether I have some sauce on my yogurt or not)

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment