Saturday 28 October 2023

Saturday, 28-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

I was pleased with half a pound off yesterday.  Well done, me, and another star on the Christmas Tree chart!
(If you remember, I used clipart, etc, to put together a Christmas tree with white stars labelled with SW meeting dates up to the last meeting I can get to before Christmas and for every week I remain in my target range, I stick a gold star over the relevant white one.  Two down, seven to go.)

Not so great is that, while I felt fine yesterday morning, by lunchtime I was feeling decidedly yuck so gave lunch and then dinner a miss.  I had some fruit, nuts and a bit of cheese so I didn't fast and I feel more with it again this morning, thankfully, just a bit fragile and dizzy.
The workmen won't be back until Monday so I can rest up and take things quietly which is nice.

Yesterday's meal photos:

I know it looks a lot but, actually, it wasn't as the slices of bread are small and halved.
Very nice, made with eggy bread.  I'll remember that.

That's all the photos I have, sorry.
Today's meal plans:

B:  pancakes or waffles, yogurt and fruit (probably apple and plums)
I'll probably add some apple pie spice mix to both the pancakes/waffles and the fruit.  It should be very tasty.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for the waffles/pancakes


L:  chicken stripper, salad and lemon mayo; fruit
As I had thawed the chicken and the cheesy breadcrumbs, I cooked the strippers (surely, the only difference between nuggets and strippers is the shape, right?) so all I have to do is blast them in Nellie for a short while.
SW:  three syns for the breadcrumbs and one for mayo

D:  bacon and broccoli cheesy macaroni; fruit/yogurt
This isn't exactly macaroni cheese, not quite.  The idea is to cook the macaroni (or other pasta), the bacon (chopped) with some chopped onion and some broccoli. mix together the bacon, onion and broccoli in an oven proof dish, add some Seriously Cheddar light to the macaroni to melt, spoon the cheesy macaroni over the bacon and veg, sprinkle over a bit more cheese and bake, either under the grill or in Nellie.
It should work, shouldn't it?
SW:  Up to two healthy extra As

Exercise:  Perhaps a walk this afternoon and I need to do some gardening.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B
four syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment