Tuesday 24 October 2023

Tuesday, 24-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Very tasty.  I indulged in a tsps of butter to spread over the toasted muffin halves for two syns and I'm glad I did, it was worth every calorie.
I will be doing this again.
I was working outside for part of the morning so felt a bit chilly when I'd finished.  This country veg soup warmed me up beautifully, filled me up (I had the lot - two bowlfuls) and it was all syn free.  It was half a can of chopped tomatoes left over from yesterday, chicken stock powder and water, onion, celery carrot, squash, sweet potato, broccoli stalk, orange pepper, mushroom, broad beans and some pasta, plus seasonings.

Later on, I enjoyed two small easy peelers.
A really simple dinner of corned beef hash with sprouts and broccoli.  Very tasty.

For dessert, I had a pear and two plums.
Today's meal plans:

B:  cooked breakfast of bacon, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms
plus some brown sauce, of course!
SW:  two syns for one sausage and one syn for sauce

L:  quesadilla waffles, salad; fruit
I got this recipe from the manual of my waffle maker and though it worth a go.  You are supposed to lay one wrap/tortilla over the bottom plate, add the middle and place the other wrap on top.  As I will be using one wrap, I will just fold it over.  The worst that can happen is that I have a messy waffle plate to clean!
Taco seasoning mix looks very similar to my hm all purpose seasoning so I will use that.
Watch this space.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a WW wrap, one healthy extra A (maybe more) for cheese and one syn if I have mayo or salad cream

D:  salmon curry in a hurry; fruit/yogurt
This is a good old SW recipe that sounds odd but is actually really very nice indeed.  And easy!
SW:  it looks syn free although I will need to check the korma paste I will be using.

Exercise:  an online Lindsey pre-record from Shimmy Snippets

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four syns, maybe a bit more
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Using wraps etc with a nice filling is a good idea. On JO's 5 ingredient programme last night, his guest chefs used a flatbread as a sort of open pastry case, with a filling of mainly mushrooms and caramelised onions, it looked fab. Might try that. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have that recorded - I might watch that right now. I really love that idea, thanks. xx

      Delete