Monday 30 October 2023

Monday, 30-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.
Yesterday's meal photos:

I couldn't be bothered to faff around with a wrap and fillings, I just went for an omelette - and it was really nice so no regrets.
I do love an old fashioned Sunday roast and this one was delicious.  A right plateful, sure, but loads of vegetables.

I'm sure I asked the lady behind the deli counter for two slices of beef but when I unwrapped them, there were three.  Not to worry, I scoffed the lot.
The roasted veg were sweet potato, squash, parsnip, carrot, broccoli stem and baby onions.  The steamed veg were sprouts, broccoli, green beans and I also had cabbage but there was no room on the plate for it.
Finally, the Yorkshire platter worked really well.  It stuck a little bit but I was able to unstick it.

Later on, I had the last pear and three small plums.
Just as nice the second time as it was the first.   Toast, chutney, apple and cheese on top, popped under the grill.  So good and surprisingly filling too.

I had the other half of the apple for dessert.



Today's meal plans:

B:  bubble and squeak patties (or waffles?  Might give that a go), egg and tomatoes.
Leftovers - deliberate ones - from yesterday's Sunday lunch.  I've already mushed it all together and just need to add the cheese.  I'm really not sure if it will hold together in the waffle maker but let's give it a go, eh?  You never know.
SW:  half a healthy extra A for cheese in the patties/waffles

L:  sausage and beans on toast; fruit
Not from a tin - well, the beans are but I will cook the sausages first.
SW:  four syns for two cumberland chipolatas and one healthy extra B for bread

D:  Jack's carrot, cumin and kidney bean burger with added halloumi, chips, side salad, chutney; fruit/yogurt
I dug this out of my brain because I fancied something burger-y but not meat based and I remember really loving these when Jack Monroe was just becoming a Famous Person with a brilliant frugal food blog.  I still miss that blog although I am glad the necessity no longer exists for her.
I'm adding grated halloumi to the mix because I have some to use up and I think it might be really delicious.
This recipe makes four quite large burgers so I will use a quarter of the mix and freeze the other quarters separately so I can shape them as I wish when I use them.  They would make nice falafel shapes or not-meat balls.
SW:  one and a half syns for flour, one healthy extra A for grated halloumi, one and a half syns for chutney

Exercise:  Lindsey's classes resume so it's back to small group circuits today.

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven syns - actually, it will probably be less because I've counted syns for more than one portion; oh, well, never mind.
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment