Thursday 12 October 2023

Thursday, 12-10-23

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintain journey blog.  The day before weigh day and I tend to cut the 'simple' carbs on Thursdays.  I don't know if it does anything really, it is just a habit I have got into and I'm OK about keeping it up.

I've been monitoring things on my own scales this week and am relieved that the holiday gain seems to have pretty much vanished, on my own scales anyway.  That's encouraging.  

Yesterday's meal photos:

Such a messy plate but this avo toast with scrambled egg and mushrooms tasted wonderful after my Groove class.
I added a dollop of GReek yogurt to the soup which gave it a bit of 'creaminess'.
This was a big old plateful of vegetables, wasn't it?  I do love my veg!
Afterwards I had some Greek yogurt and then, like the Very Hungry Caterpillar, I had a stomach ache - just because I was too full!!  Shouldn't have had that yogurt really!

During the day I had an apple, a plum, a pear and an orange.  Hmmm - maybe that's quite a lot, but it is the only snacking I do.


Today's meal plans:

B:  cheesy bacon and mushroom omelette
Just what it says - don't bacon and mushrooms go well together.  I love that particular flavour combi
SW:  one healthy extra A

L:  spiced carrot and lentil soup; fruit
Based on this recipe but made in Thermione
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spiced-carrot-lentil-soup
SW:  one tsp olive oil for two syns and the milk is part of a healthy extra A

D:  salmon, salad or roasted veg; fruit/yogurt
I am tending towards the roasted Med veg right now, as the weather has turned and it's gloomy and damp, but I'll see how I feel come the evening.
SW:  syn free

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
no healthy extra Bs
two syns

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment