Monday 23 October 2023

Monday, 23-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Bad me - I got the camera ready, sorted out the light, sat down . . . and started scoffing.  Ooops.  Fortunately, I remembered before it was all gone.
As always, it was delicious.
Oh, my - I haven't had lamb for the longest time and this was absolutely lush.  It looks a right old plateful but apart from the lamb, mint sauce and a bit of gravy, it's all vegetables - sweet potato, courgette, carrot, cabbage, sprouts and broccoli.  Oh, it was delicious.

I have one more lamb steak in the freezer which I am keeping for another treat sometime.


Later in, I had a pear and a plum.
Pretty ordinary ingredients but surprisingly nice.  I enjoyed this very much.  The recipe is on the Tesco site - Google spaghetti amatriciana.

Dessert was a couple of easy peelers.

Today's meal plans:

B:  toasted english muffins with warm, spiced berries, yogurt and maple syrup
This is a Hairy Dieters recipe from the BBC Good Food site with changes - as you can see from the change of name.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the muffin, two syns for a tbsp maple syrup.  I don't syn fruit, just because heat has been applied!

L:  country vegetable soup; fruit
Basically a 'throw it all in' soup cooked in a nice stock; I have home made chicken stock in the freezer.
I might add some pasta to it - it helps to thicken the liquid - and I can add some beans for protein, if I fancy it.
SW:  this should be syn free

D:  corned beef hash, veg; fruit/yogurt
I make my corned beef hash very simply by frying onion and cooked potato until it goes crispy at the edges and then adding cubed lean corned beef.  Brown sauce is lovely on top too!
As I don't seem to have used any healthy extra As yet, maybe I could turn it into a bake by sprinkling cheese on top and popping it under the grill.  I will see how I feel when it comes to it.
SW:  100g lean corned beef is two and a half syns, brown sauce will be one syn and a possible one healthy extra A

Exercise:  I am clearing the shed today so lots of walking backward and forward.  

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
five and a half syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment