Friday 27 October 2023

Friday, 27-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Weigh-day today!  Will I find I have made inroads into my wee gain of last week?  We will see but I don't think I will have gained.
Or is that Famous Last Words?  😀
Yesterday's meal photos:

I did it again.  The project manager for my garden room was asking questions and I just forgot to photo breakfast.  Please imaging a bowl with some sweet and spiced purple plums and a good dollop of Greek yogurt on top.  It really was very nice.

Later on, I had a pear - nearly finished them now and they are really nice and juicy but getting close to too mushy.

Sorry about the wonkiness!

The butterbean and mushroom soup freezes very well, the flavour improved and it was so yummy.

Later on, I had an apple.
I do like a good steak and this was indeed a good steak.  On a bed of roasted sweet potato, parsnip, carrot and onion and topped with some sliced mushroom.
Dessert was a pear.

Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon eggy bread sandwich
Just what it says.  I might have some mushrooms or something too
SW:  one healthy extra B

L:  chicken nuggets, chips, salad; fruit
Sounds naughty, doesn't it, but they will be home made using what's left of the cheesy breadcrumb mixture I made last week, popping the unused part in the freezer.  I'll do them in the air fryer, I think, with the chips doing in the other side.
SW:  up to three syns for the breadcrumb mix and up to one for mayo

D:  potato and smoky bacon gratin, sprouts, broccoli; fruit/yogurt
This is a Slimming World recipe and here's the link to a YouTube video that shows it being made.  I will add some cheese on top at the end because - you know, cheese . . .  mmmmmm
I'll cut the quantities down to one to work for me.  It's one of those recipe where you can.
Instead of a side salad, I think I will have my favourite sprouts and broccoli - I love those vegetables.
SW:  up to two healthy extras for cheese

Friday treat:  probably mixed nuts.  I do love them.

Exercise:  a walk and a Lindsey Shimmy class.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
four syns plus my Friday treat

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Joy, all looks delish as usual x Can I ask where do you get your steaks from and what type are they please ? Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mo. I always get my steaks from Aldi. They are expensive but not as bad as the main supermarkets and, for a treat, lovely. I usually get fillet but their sirloin is also very good.
      They can be fatty - I choose carefully as I prefer the lean ones.
      Last night's was really lovely. xx

      Delete