Wednesday 18 October 2023

Wednesday, 18-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.


Yesterday's meal photos:

I know it looks like a plate of colourful splodge, but it was lovely.  The sweet potato fishcakes are so good and the brown sauce went perfectly.
I'm definitely making this soup again.
It is:
some mushrooms (I used some from a bag of frozen mushrooms)
a can of butterbeans, drained
some soup base (from Morrisons, frozen chopped carrot, onion and celery, very useful to have around)
stock
garlic granules, nutmeg and pepper. no salt, the stock was salty enough
a little water
boil it all up together, blend it well and push through a sieve.
So, so easy and it made two portions.  The other is now in the freezer.

Dinner was roasted squash, sweet potato and parsnip plus sausages, all done together in Nellie, sprinkled with cheese and brown sauce on the sausages.  Oh, my, tasty but so-o-o filling.  I was stuffed.  I suppose it didn't help that I had been rather naughty with the cheese earlier, for which I might pay on Friday morning.
We will see.  😈

Today's meal plans:

B: avocado crumpet, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes
Another favourite!
SW:  three syns for a crumpet thin, one and a half syns for mashed avocado (I don't need up to 39g for just one crumpet)

L:  sweet corn fritters with halloumi and tomatoes
This is an Olive magazine recipe although I have just remembered I do have courgettes to use up so I might make it courgette fritters instead.
https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/family/sweetcorn-fritters-with-tomatoes-and-halloumi/
SW:  two healthy extra As for halloumi, half a healthy B for 20g wholemeal SR flour and I think that is it - I will use spray oil.

D:  sardine puttanesca; fruit/yogurt
From YouTube, this is the recipe I am using.
I only have sardines in oil so will have to drain them very carefully and just go with the bit of oil remaining.  It should make two portions so the other portion will do for tomorrow evening which is really handy as I will be out all day.
SW:  one and a half syns for the sardines

Exercise:  walking

Summary:
two healthy extra As
half a healthy extra B (I count wholemeal flour of any kind as a B choice)
six syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment