Friday 6 October 2023

Friday, 06-10-23

Good morning, everyone.
The holiday is over, all bar the final packing, breakfast and tidying up.  So today's plans will be an odd mixture of leftovers and getting back on trach.

I didn't take any meal photos yesterday.
Breakfast was avocado toast with scrambled egg and one rasher of bacon.  Not too bad and very tasty.
Lunch was very little really but, sadly, I did have some nice, crunchy things.
We had a take-away from Huck's American Diner for dinner and it really was very nice indeed.  I went for chicken fajitas and it came with loads of different sides, loads of chicken and five small flour tortillas (I think that's what they were - I tend to call them all 'wraps').  I had loads left over so it's now carefully wrapped up and will be my evening meal today - it was delicious and wasn't cheap and I am not wasting any!

So I won't be proper back on track today but sort of getting there, as you will see below.  Tomorrow's the day to start a week of back to basics, full on, right down the line Slimming World.
Yes, I will get on my scales just once, tomorrow morning, and then not until next Friday morning when I will decide whether I want to weigh at group or not.

On the other hand, it has been a great week for exercise.  Yesterday I did Lindsey's SET class, went for two walks and had a good old swim.  So that side of things has been good although, as the saying goes, you can't outrun (or outswim) a poor diet.  And it is correct, you can't and I haven't.

Today's plans:

B:  fruit salad and yogurt
We have apples, easy peelers and grapes plus some 0% Greek yogurt so that will make a very acceptable and healthy start to the day
SW:  speed and protein/free

L:  beans on toast; fruit
I don't know when lunch will be, it all depends on when I get home, but I always have the wherewithal to make beans on toast.
SW:  one healthy extra B

D:  leftovers of chicken fajitas; fruit/yogurt
As described above and I'm going to enjoy it, I am sure.  The calories were on the take out menu but I can't access it now as it's home-day.  I've Googled and can't find the info anywhere else.  Oh, well . . .
SW:  unknown

Exercise:  a walk

Summary:  unknown but fully back on it again tomorrow.
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment