Thursday 5 October 2023

Thursday, 05-10-23

Good morning, everyone.  Welcome to my blog which, this week, is certainly NOT a maintaining journey, it's a see how much sugar I can stuff into my mouth in one day blog!
Yup, yesterday turned out to the one great big stonking FAIL!  Do I care?  I'd like to say not a bit but, truthfully, yes, I do, because my body is not a happy bunny this morning and is rebelling against all the UPF rubbish.
Yes, that's definitely a Good Thing.

Another Good Thing is that all this bought in/eat out food is OK but, actually, mostly not a patch on what I make for myself at home. It's a fair old eye opener and well worth knowing, I think.

Yesterday's meal photos:

As planned, breakfast was marmite on toast and some slices of fresh pineapple.  The bread I used was a branded seeded loaf and it was nice but, as I think I said yesterday, not a patch on my home baked bread.  It was - well, unsubstantial is the best word I can find.
There will be some to bring home but I might keep it, frozen, to use as breadcrumbs rather than as slices.

This was lunch and there nearly wasn't a photo as I forgot until well into it.
There was an awful lot of chocolate and it was nice but . . . too much rubbish.  :-)
(this was a 'small' stack, by the way)

However, looking at the menu gave me some ideas about what I can make at home to ring the changes so I'm pleased about that.

And then dinner was a slice of pizza, a bit of garlic bread and salad and that was nice.

Just a shame about all the sweets I devoured in the evening.
Today's plans:

B:  avocado toast with scrambled eggs, maybe some bacon on the side.
Actually, the avocado will be guacamole because the shop didn't have fresh avocado.  In fact, it didn't have much fresh veg at all really.  We all like this and it's a step back to normality for me.

L:  using up the leftovers
So - oat crackers, cheese, salad - that sort of thing.  There's apples and easy peelers and I intend keeping off the sweets.  I've had enough - more than enough - and I want to feel more myself again.

D:  a delivery from Huck's American Bar and Grill
Again, this is what Alex really would like to have and I'm happy to go along with that.  All the eating places do a really good range of veggie/vegan friendly choices so that's nice for Beth too.  I think I will stick to something chicken based.

Exercise:  I'm really hoping to catch Lindsey's online SET class this morning.  Beth and Alex are OK about this so here's hoping I can make the camera part of the laptop work for me.

Summary:  Hopefully, a bit of an improvement today.  Home tomorrow!


The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. On the occasions when I have a binge on something I really shouldn't (always carb-based and usually savoury, like crisps or really nice bread), I feel so bloated and nauseous the next morning that it really does put me off eating anything like that again, for at least a few weeks. So you're right, it is a good thing in a way....although it would of course be better if we didn't succumb in the first place. But we're only human! Enjoy your last day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carbs/sugar - I can tolerate them OK, especially the higher fibre versions, but enough is enough really and I'm so glad to be getting back to normal - I love my normal diet nowadays. It's been good fun though. xx

      Delete