Wednesday 11 October 2023

Wednesday, 11-10-23

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my Slimming World maintain journey blog.

Plodding on and discovering new recipes.  I've indulged in Jamie's Five Mediterranean cook book and Nadiya's new spice book and they both have some super recipes that are easily adapted to work with SW guidelines.

Google is a great help with recipes too.  I bought a block of halloumi, Googled 'halloumi recipe' and now I have a whole collection of them to try next week (I had already planned this week).

Stuck for a meal - try an ingredient search and see what comes up.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast of bits and bobs of frozen fruit, thawed and with yogurt on top.


I had an apple too.
Polite beans on toast - in other words, not loading my plate.  This isn't all I had, I had the same again - and so did my guest!

Later on, I had another apple.
Dinner was the portion of lasagne I froze a couple of weeks ago and very tasty it was too.

That was it for the day.  I was very full up.


Today's meal plans:

B: avocado toast, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, perhaps a bit of bacon too
People in group say they have difficulties thinking of breakfasts - not in my house!!  This is another favourite.
Actually, pretty much every breakfast I have is a favourite - that is why I have it!
SW:  two and a half syns for up to 39g avocado (40g becomes three syns - I'm playing with numbers really!), half a healthy extra B (or as near as)

L:  tomato and roasted red pepper soup, croutons; fruit
From the freezer, made last Saturday - both soup and bread.
SW:  half a healthy extra B for some croutons

D:  steak pie with potato topping, veg; fruit/yogurt
I made this before going away, using a can of M&S chunky steak.  It was so delicious so I'm looking forward to this and, because I haven't used any As yet, I may well sprinkle some grated cheese to melt on the top.  
I haven't decided on the veg yet but it will probably be sprouts and broccoli because I do love them so much and almost find myself craving them sometimes which is - er - interesting.
SW:    one healthy extra A for cheese.

Exercise:  personal training

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B - maybe a bit more.  I will weigh the bread.
two and a half syns

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment