Tuesday 17 October 2023

Tuesday, 17-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.


Yesterday's meal photos:

Well, it worked.   I mashed up the leftover veg, added some chopped softened onion and some grated halloumi which can be part of an A plus a little pinch of chilli flakes (a little goes a long way, I find).  OK, they were a bit fragile coming out but they were so very delicious and having them waffle shaped was nice.  Not necessary, just nice.

They look caught but they weren't, I think that was mostly the halloumi.

I forgot I had planned to have some sauce.  That would have been nice but it was really good without anyway.

I've not had a fish finger salad wrap for the longest time and I so enjoyed this.  No, not terribly 'healthy' in the sense of less-processed but mmmmm.

Later on, I had a couple of easy peelers and a few grapes.

A bit beige looking but this sort of chicken and mushroom stroganoff was lovely (let's not mention that I may possibly have licked the plate clean, OK?).  I spray fried onion, mushroom and chicken, then added garlic granules, stock, Henderson's and Dijon mustard and let it simmer.  At the end, I added some 2% Greek yogurt and stirred it in well before serving.  Definitely another to do again.
I finished the day off with an apple.



Today's meal plans:

B:  sweet potato fish cakes, tomatoes and mushrooms
You can have fish for breakfast, can't you.  I am anyway!  Two of the Jamie fish cakes I made a few days ago and I know they will be delicious, it will just be interesting to see how they come back from being frozen.
SW:  if I have some brown sauce, that will be a syn

L:  mushroom and butterbean soup, croutons; fruit
This is a recipe someone posted on a Facebook Group I help to admin and it sounded very good, not to mention easy.  I will use canned butterbeans and they are so good for imparting a 'creaminess' to the finished soup.  I'll let you know . . .
SW: one healthy extra B for croutons and I might add a splash of milk too - we will see.

D:  bangers and winter veg mash
I also found this on the site but not in the recipe section, in an article.  Basically, you cook sausages, cook winter root veg, mash and serve.  I'll probably change the veg to what I have and maybe cook some other veg to have on the side.
Given that I have healthy extra As to use, I might add grated cheese too and then brown it all off.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As for cheese, six syns for two Cumberland sausages (Morrison's Best) and maybe a syn for more brown sauce because - you know - sausages!

Exercise:  Groove dance aerobics

Summary:
up to two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
eight syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment