Sunday 22 October 2023

Sunday, 22-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast and I managed to get the waffle timing just right this time.  Phew.
With the choccy flavour vibe, I went for pears and it really was very satisfying.


Oh, yes!!  These open toasties were scrummy.  On my toasted hm rye bread, it was green tomato chutney, then thin slices of apple and topped with grated cheddar with a little side salad and it was just so, so good.  I used both As for this and it was well worth it.

I'm now out of rye bread - must make some more as it is so delicious!
Dinner was a nice, straightforward chicken and veg tray bake and I enjoyed it very much indeed.
I finished off the day's eating with a couple of easy peelers.


Today's meal plans:

B:  avocado bagel, scrambled eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms
Another favourite.
SW:  one healthy extra B for the bagel, two and a half syns for up to 39g frozen avocado

L:  lamb leg steak, roasted veg, steamed veg; fruit
I treated myself to a couple of really nice looking lamb leg steaks and am really looking forward to it.  I'll probably roast sweet potato, squash and courgette and steam broccoli and sprouts.  The sweet potato is free and the rest is speed.
SW:  a level tbsp of M&S mint sauce is half a syn.

D:spaghetti amatriciana, maybe side salad
Here's the recipe - just scroll down past the multiple ads.  
This is a PoN recipe but you can find similar all over the place.  It has bacon and I will add lotsa speed/free veg - I have baby corn, mange tout, peppers, mushrooms, etc.
A salad may not be needed.
SW:  30g parmesan is a healthy extra A

Exercise:  rest day.

Summary:
one healthy extra A
one healthy extra B
three syns

For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.





2 comments:

  1. All your meals look so luscious, Joy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. If I didn't keep my interest up, I'd find all this very hard, I think. It is worth the effort. And I do enjoy cooking. xx

      Delete