Sunday 1 October 2023

Sunday, 01-10-23

Good morning, everyone.

Today is a finishing off sort of day.  Tomorrow I'm away to Center Parcs for a few days and don't want to have to take a lot of stuff with me.
While I'm there, I intend to keep on blogging.  I want to keep properly in control of what I eat - and by that I don't mean being rigid, I mean staying healthy with a few extras.  After all, what with the swimming and the walking, it is going to be a pretty active holiday so the food ought to match.

If it does go a bit wonky, I have a week to get back on track as I won't be able to go to group next Friday.

Yesterday's meal photos:

Apple, orange and peach went into this fruit salad and the yogurt is underneath rather than on top.
A fairly ordinary but still tasty leek and potato soup with croutons for lunch, followed by an apple.
The lasagne was very nice and, for once, it didn't slop all over the place.
I'm in two minds about the cheese sauce.  I think next time I'll do it properly starting with a roux and see if that makes any difference whatsoever.  It made two portions so it really wasn't so bad for As once you take the free/speed/protein content into account.


Today's plans:

B:  Autumn pancake
Like Friday's, made into one big pancake with added grated apple and cinnamon plus maple syrup, yogurt, apple and blackberries on top.  So yummy!
SW:  half a healthy extra B, two syns for maple syrup

L:  cheesy potato topped chicken pie, veg; fruit
I have some mash leftover from making the soup yesterday so I'm going to use a small piece of chicken breast fillet, cook it in a h m tomato and veg sauce and top it with the mash, probably with some cheese added.
SW:  one healthy extra A (because if you're going to have cheesy mash, let's make it proper cheesy!)

D:  lasagne, salady bits, garlic toast; fruit/yogurt
The lasagne I made was big enough for two good portions so this is the second.  I suppose I could have frozen it but it's made, it's tasty, so why not?
I'm making the garlic toast by spraying a slice of bread with spray oil, rubbing over some cut garlic and 'frying' it in a pan until it is golden and crunchy.
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As (the original lasagne was two As but I'm adding a bit of cheese to the top), half a healthy extra B

Exercise:  nothing planned but it should be quite an active day really.

Summary:
two and a half healthy extra As (using one of my optional healthy extras)
one healthy extra B
two syns (interesting, I thought it would be more; it sounds more)

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as and eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Meals always taste nicer the second day, I think. I'm a big fan of making enough for at least one more meal - less cooking another day. And we don't mind at all having the same meal 2 days running.....if it's tasty, why not?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And with cooking/heating costs sky high, it does make a lot of sense too. xx

      Delete