Sunday 29 October 2023

Sunday, 29-20-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Yesterday's meal photos:

A good start - waffles with spiced plums and apple and some yogurt.
It carried on being good . . . and my lemon mayo was so lovely with the chicken strippers.

Dessert was an apple and an easy peeler.


This was so good too.  Cheesy macaroni with bacon and veg and very yummy.

I finished off the day with a couple of easy peelers.



Today's meal plans:

B:  breakfast omelette wrap
I'll do a mix of veg to fill this omelette wrap - onion, yellow pepper, tomato and mushroom and, maybe, some bacon too.
And you have to add a bit of cheese, don't you?
SW:  half a healthy extra A

L:  roast beef dinner; fruit
The roast beef is two slices of topside from Morrison's deli counter so a bit of a cheat but it works really well for one.  I did look at the joints but ouch - and I didn't want lots of leftovers this week.
In the interests of never giving up, I'm going to try a PoN yorkshire pudding wrap thingy as a platter again, but do it properly in the oven instead of trying to get round having to turn the oven on.  That means I will do some roasted veg in the oven too because it will be on.
Veg will be roasted squash, sweet potato, carrot, parsnip and onion and I will probably steam some cabbage, sprouts and broccoli.  If I aim for leftovers, I can make some bubble and squeak for tomorrow.
SW:  two and a half syns for plain flour, three syns for half a tbsp oil and the milk will be part of a healthy extra A.  Also one and a half syns for 10 ml horseradish sauce

D:  cheese, apple and chutney toastie, salad; fruit/yogurt
I had this last week and it was so, so tasty, I'm having it again.
Lightly toast some bread.  Spread over some chutney of choice, then some sliced apple and finally some grated cheese of choice.  Pop under a medium grill until the cheese melts and it's all warmed through.  Serve with salad veg of choice.
SW:  up to one and a half healthy extra As (remembering the milk from lunch), one healthy extra B and one and a half syns for the chutney


Exercise:  a Lindsey pre-record class

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
seven syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment