Monday 9 October 2023

Monday, 09-10-23

 Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my Slimming World maintain journey blog.
Things are settling nicely after last week's indulgences, thank goodness.  The meals have got back on track properly now although it was tough to stop nibbling all the time.  It's scary how those unhelpful little habits can re-establish themselves so very quickly.
Without going into too much detail, my insides are taking longer to settle but I'm getting there.  I need to remember how uncomfortable it has made me feel because there will be a next time, and a next . . .

I have all my meals roughed out for the rest of this week, not in great detail, just the bare bones, but I know where it's going.  Planning is such a big help (to me, anyway) when needing to get back on track - I thoroughly recommend it!

Yesterday's meal photos:

Fruit for breakfast.  I'd also planned to have yogurt but when it came to it, I really fancied just fruit.


Later on, I used my healthy extra As on nibbles of cheese.

Oh, my.  This was so, so good.  The meat loaf/roll/mock turkey is basically a wartime recipe which I adapted to what I had and it was absolutely delicious.
So delicious that I had the other half - I'd planned to have it so it wasn't bad of me.
I'd also planned stir fry veg but went shopping and stocked up with green veg and decided what I really, really wanted was broccoli and sprouts.  So that's what I had.

I was stuffed so saved the fruit for later in the afternoon.  Some of an apple went in the coronation chicken and the rest into my open mouth!!
OK, I know it doesn't look like a proper coronation chicken but it tasted absolutely great and I had no room left for anything else.


I would say yesterday's meals were all very satisfying!



Today's meal plans:

B:  bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms
Typical cooked breakfast!
SW:  should be syn free

L:  savoury mince jacket potato, side salad; fruit
I have spicy pork mince left over from the enchiladas I had on Saturday so I will cook a small potato (it always looks a lot more if you halve it rather than cutting a cross in the top), spoon over the mince and then add some yogurt and some grated cheese.
SW:  one healthy extra A

D:  chicken fajitas, salad; fruit/yogurt
I have some JD Seasonings fajita spice to use and I will use yogurt instead of soured cream plus a bit of a cheat - little wraps that I am going to call a healthy extra B but which aren't really.
SW:  one healthy extra A for cheese, one B (sort of) for mini wraps, two and a half syns for between 35 and 39g frozen avocado and I am pretty sure the rest is all syn free.

Exercise:  small group circuits

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B (bit of a cheat really but the calories work reasonably well)
two and a half syns (so there's room for a bit of flexibility re the wraps)

The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

No comments:

Post a Comment