Thursday 19 October 2023

Thursday, 19-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Today I am out on another coach trip, this time to Ely and then on to see some stained glass windows in a couple of Suffolk churches so meal planning is a bit of an unknown.  I don't even know where I will have lunch, let alone what.  
Yesterday's meal photos:

I am annoyed with myself - the camera was all ready but I just didn't photo breakfast.  It was what I'd planned; avo crumpet, tomatoes and mushrooms and delicious.

This was a lovely lunch.
I added some chopped bacon to the courgette fritters and they went perfectly with the griddled halloumi.  You can't always get watercress so when I saw some this morning, I grabbed a bag, and that also went well as well as adding a lovely splash or green to the plate.

Afterwards I had an apple and later on a pear.

Sardine puttanesca might sound odd but it was actually really tasty.  It's quite amazing how much fish there is in one of those little tins, isn't it?
I scoffed yesterday's portion with huge enjoyment and am looking forward to the second portion tonight.

I finished off the day's eating with a little apple




Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit in my bag to eat as and when
SW:  syn free

L:  I'll find somewhere to eat or grab something from a shop.
If the weather was going to be good, I'd knock up a cheese sandwich or something but the forecast is absolutely dire, sadly.
SW:  unknown

D:  sardine puttanesca; fruit/yogurt
Same as yesterday.
SW:  one and a half syns

Exercise:
plenty of walking (plus dodging the raindrops)

Summary:
unknown today
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment