Saturday 21 October 2023

Saturday, 21-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

Well - I had a little gain yesterday at group.,  I'm feeling philosophical about it - I'm still in target range and I put the first star on my Christmas target poster (which is to remain in target range until my last weigh in before Christmas.

However . . . It is all about learning on this new journey through an undiscovered country.  I want to lose that gain by next Friday so off we go.  The new week starts here!

Fingers crossed!


Yesterday's meal photos:

Eggy crumpet is even nicer than eggy bread and I will be adding this to my list of breakfasts.  I'm not convinced about the grated halloumi though.  I reckon some brown sauce would be nicer.  Less cheffy though!
Lunch was just 'ordinary' beans on toast (made with my own spelt bread so maybe not quite so ordinary really) and it was scrumptious.
Amazing dinner.
I had some beaten egg left from the eggy crumpet so no need to crack another one.  The breadcrumb mixture was h m wholemeal breadcrumbs (half a B), some all purpose seasoning and 15g finely grated cheddar and it was so good.
There's some left over that would make a nice crunchy topping for something so it's now in the freezer.
Definitely another to have again and great as a Friday evening treat.

Today's meal plans:

B:  choccy waffles, fruit and yogurt
The 'choccy' bit comes from some chocolate essence which, like vanilla essence, is free and I will add some appropriate skinny syrup to the yogurt - probably chocolate caramel.
(I never said I was going completely UPF free!)
SW:  half a healthy extra B for wholemeal flour.  The rest is syn free.

L:  open toasted cheesy apple bake thingy, salad; fruit
The idea is to use one slice of bread for half a B, plus some chutney, some sliced apple and some grated cheese; toast the bread, spread over chutney, add thinly sliced apple and cover with grated cheese before melting the cheese under the grill.
SW:  up to two healthy extra As, half a healthy extra B and one and a half syns for chutney

D:  sweet potato and chicken traybake; fruit/yogurt
I saw this recipe on the Tesco site.
and thought 'perfect!!!'
SW:  three syns for half a tbsp olive oil.

Exercise:  SET class online

Summary:
two healthy extra As
one healthy extra B
four and a half syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the gain, but you'll soon get that off. The Christmas star poster is a good idea. We're having those Jamie eggy crumpets for lunch today, thanks for the idea! And your lunch today of the cheesy apple toasty thing sounds delicious, so another one to try, thanks Joy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I'd really like to get it off again this week and fluctuations are natural anyway but I'm still learning. :-)
      I hope you like the eggy crumpet as much as I did. xx

      Delete