Wednesday 4 October 2023

Wednesday, 04-10-23 - possible trigger warning

Good morning, everyone.
I posted a trigger warning because I do know only too well just how easily one can be triggered by a photo or by words and I don't want to create any problems. 

However, this blog is all about maintaining on SW and part of that journey involves being able to let go a little bit and then getting back.
I have pretty much four days of letting go and then, from Friday onward, eight days of pulling on the reins to get back into my target range - that's assuming I am out of it, of course.  I'm pretty sure I will be but I'm not going to scale hop.  It's not a habit I want to start.
I hope that makes sense but if you think it's a problem, be careful before reading further

Yesterday's meal photos:

Breakfast:  see my halo?  fruit and yogurt and very delicious.


Ooops, now where did that halo slip?  It wasn't terrible, just a bit carby.  I avoided the butter and the salad dressings.
In the evening, we went to Café Rouge.
This doesn't look so bad, does it - a half chicken with a thyme jus and chips.  I removed the skin and couldn't manage it all.

However, we shared a started - a melted Camembert with bread and crudites to dunk (lovely) and, as if that wasn't enough and despite feeling full, I had apple pie and ice cream which was absolutely fantastic.  So good!
And we won't mention the wine, OK?

Today's plans:

B:  toast and marmite; fruit
None of us want a big breakfast as we're going to have lunch out, so this should be fine.  I have some nice, brown, seeded bread which isn't officially a B choice but I am going to count it as such for the time it takes to use it up. 
Mind you, it's not as nice as my own, home made, proper wholemeal bread with added mixed seeds, nowhere near as flavoursome.  I will be making some on Saturday morning as I used up the last slices on Monday morning.

L:  eating out at the Pancake House.  
Not what you'd call SW friendly!  
I'm not sure whether to go sweet or savoury but probably sweet because it will be easier to reproduce savoury with what I usually have in at home.

D:  eating in.
We have a pizza in the fridge - we got two for Monday evening but only ate one - and some garlic bread plus some made up salad, so that will be easy.  Fruit for dessert sounds good for me and there's also a small tum of ice cream in the mini freezer.

Exercise:  walks and a good old swim -  my shoulders were aching yesterday!

Summary:  er . . . < grin >
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

4 comments:

  1. You're being very mindful about this week's eating - yes you're on holiday and nobody sticks rigidly to their normal eating routine then (quite right too). But you are being sensible and not going mad, and already have your plans in place to get back to your normal. So well done you, and continue to enjoy yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's just how I would like it to be. It's a whole new (recent, anyway) journey for me and it does help to me thoughtful about it all, I guess. And we're having a super time. xx

      Delete
  2. Holiday eating is allowed. I'm told it doesn't contain calories. Any weight gain is all the water you soak up in the pool.. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha ha ha ha - I wish!! Nice thought though!

      Delete