Monday 16 October 2023

Monday, 16-10-23

Good morning, everyone, and welcome to my maintaining on Slimming World blog where I talk about the meals I enjoy while maintaining my target weight and keeping a healthy balanced diet.

At SW Group last Friday, Jen talked about the dreaded Chr*stm*s and strategies to help us not to go overboard.
I'm sure I will return to this often in the next few months - in fact, I know I will.  I've always had great plans and totally abandoned them as Advent starts and the food hits the shops, gaining far too much weight and taking ages to get back to where I was again.
Perhaps this year will be different.  After all, I've never been on holiday and maintained at the next weigh in until this time.  That's not to say I didn't gain - I did, but it came off quickly.
Anyway - to start the festive ball rolling, she gave out little card baubles to write an aim on and hang up somewhere.  Typically, I decided I'd do something that I thought would work better for me so I made a star chart (after all, I was a teacher).  My aim is to stay within target range up to the last weigh-in I can go to in December, starting from now - I won't be able to make the one just before Christmas or the one just before New Year.


This is it.  It's too small to see here but each of those white stars has a little date in the middle, one for each Friday up to the last group I will be going to before Christmas.
I have some really nice shiny star stickers and for each week I am within target range, on goes a shiny star to cover the white star.

As the saying goes - simple things for simple minds!!

Yesterday's meal photos:


Not the best photo in the world, sorry.
I changed my mind a bit.  It was such a chilly morning I really fancied some baked beans instead of an egg.  I guess I could have had both but I think that would have been too much.
So baked beans it was and very nice too.

My Sunday roasts always end up a real plateful because I so love my veg!
The stuffing balls (veggie sausage, grated apple and crumbled chestnuts) were very nice but a bit dry - I'll try it again with one pork sausage added and make enough for two portions.  That should sort out the dryness.
The roasted veg were parsnips, sweet potato, courgette, a few garlic cloves and a broccoli step, trimmed.  Really delicious.

Best of all, there's some veg left so I'm changing my breakfasts around so I can use them up today.

Dessert was some grapes.

The halloumi fajitas were OK - I ate the lot.  I'm not sure I would make them again though, chicken is nicer.
They were filling though.  :-)
Today's meal plans:

B:  bubble and squeak with a fried egg and mushrooms on the side
I love leftovers!  I was going to just make a patty sort of shaped thingy but on Tracey Mouse's YouTube vlog yesterday, she used a waffle mould and I thought I would give it a go and see.  It won't hurt.
SW:  should be syn free unless I spend a syn on some brown sauce - let's assume I do.

L:  fish finger salad wrap, finger veg; fruit
I used to really enjoy a fish finger sarnie/wrap and I'm looking forward to it.
SW:  one healthy extra B for a wrap or possibly a pitta and six syns for three fish fingers plus one syn for super light mayo - you HAVE to have mayo in a fish fingers wrap!

D:  chicken and mushroom stroganoff, a selection of veg; fruit/yogurt
A sort of chicken stroganoff anyway, using yogurt, Dijon mustard, Hendersons and home made chicken stock.  I'll probably not do any carbs as the other two meals are carby.
SW:  half a syn for some 2% Greek yogurt and Dijon mustard is half a syn per tbsp.  The rest should be syn free.

Exercise:  Small group circuits

Summary:
no healthy extra As
up to two healthy extra Bs
eight syns
For information:
The Slimming World structure:
While following the plan, you can have . . .

Any amount of speed and free food - BUT try to have a third of your plate as speed food as a sub for free food, NOT as well as . . .  Eat to satisfaction, not to stuffed-ness!

Two healthy extra As (calcium) and one healthy extra B (fibre) - details in the SW pack and on the SW web site/app.

Between five and fifteen syns-worth of synned food - again, details in the pack, site and app.  They are a limit to stay within, not a target to hit.

As a target member, I can also have . . .

Another two healthy extras each day
Another fifteen syns up to three times each week
BUT - only if I need/want to.  It's a limit, not a target

. . . with the ultimate aim of not needing to count healthy extras, syns, etc at all but just knowing and eating well instinctively.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever works for you, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - well, time will tell if it works but you know what I'm like about the festive season. I love it and any chance to bring it up is good by me. :-)
      xx

      Delete