Monday 7 December 2020

Monday, 07-12-20

 Good morning again, everyone, and welcome to Monday.
Apart from the 'mishap' on Saturday evening, I've stayed on track good and proper since last weigh in so my fingers are crossed for Thursday.  Weigh in is not be be-all and end-all but a positive result is encouraging.  Or maybe I mean and negative result?  Whatever!!!

Yesterday's photos.

The Christmas baked oats made a fab breakfast and it is definitely on the list of meals I will be making during the last week before Christmas.

I used one egg, 100g cinnamon bun Mullerlight, one tsp cinnamon roll skinny syrup, a shake of mixed spice, one tbsp mincemeat and some satsuma segments plus 35g oats, all mixed together and poured into a suitably shaped dish (which was oven proof, thankfully).  It baked for about 25 mins at around 180/200.
It would be nice with some dried cranberries added as well - when syns are not in the equation!

I made the soup with the last of last Christmas' turkey in stock (it was fine), another pot of real chicken stock, some root veg, a bit of orzo and I added what was left of the pulled pork.  It made a very filling and sustaining lunch.

And here's the pulled pork, pepper and mushroom pasta with some random sprouts in the middle.  I won't say the sprouts went all that well with the rest but - it's speed veg!  The pasta itself was lovely and that's the end of the meat.  There's three pots of the sauce in the freezer now - it will do for all sorts of things, including a sort of hunter's chicken or to add to sausages or to have with meatballs.



Today's meal plans:

B:  fruit and oat smoothie
I've made this before.  I zizz the oats to nearly flour, then add yogurt and frozen fruit.  It comes out almost like an ice cream, thick and very delicious.  Filling too, from what I remember.  I also remember that it made quite a lot so perhaps I could pop a portion in the freezer for dinner dessert and see how it comes out.
SW:  half a healthy extra B, half a syn if I use a flavoured yogurt, possible half a healthy extra A for mild
Please note that SW does not 'encourage' smoothies for various reasons.  Also that the rule is that blended fruit should be synned - I don't!

L:  smoked salmon pate, melba toast, crudites; fruit
The pate is from the freezer and I will make the melba toast by lightly toasting one slice of bread, cutting it through the soft middle into two thinner slices, cutting it into smaller bits and baking it in the oven.
SW:  half a healthy extra B and half a syn for mayo in the pate

D:  meatballs in tomato sauce, cauliflower rice, broccoli; yogurt or kvarg
I made the meatballs last Monday and I think they will go very well with cauli rice.
SW:  three syns for the meatballs, one healthy extra A for grated cheese and half a syn for dessert.

Body Magic:  Not sure yet

Summary:  one healthy extra A and one B plus four and a half syns



No comments:

Post a Comment