Wednesday 9 December 2020

Wednesday, 09-12-20

 Good morning!

Yesterday food photos.

I thought this would be quite a dull breakfast but it actually tasted wonderful.  I was pretty hungry so perhaps that helped.

I thought lunch was going to be dull too but I treated myself to some 'nice' bacon - the kind that doesn't have that white goo coming off it - and it was delicious!


Hunter's chicken is just about my favourite dinner at the moment and I really enjoyed this last night.   I decided to do mini roasties instead of chips; they are, after all, exactly the same thing except for shape.
I skipped the salad and, to be honest, didn't miss it at all. 

Today's food plans:

B:  mince pie wheats, yogurt; fruit
I've been looking for these for ages.  Mince pie wheats and I gathered you get 45g for a healthy extra B.  However, it isn't wise to go by hearsay so I checked and, yes, 45g is one B.
I have to admit, I've already sneaked one down and mmmmmmm
SW:   one healthy extra B

L:  mince pie cheese toastie
I know it sounds weird but this is the latest up and coming and I thought I'd give it a try as part of my SW friendly 'middle path' Christmas.  It's a Pinch of Nom recipe and basically is is a toastie with bread, grated cheddar, mincemeat, cheddar and bre4ad layered.  Another outing for the microwave grill!
SW:  one and a half healthy extra As, six syns for two slices wholemeal and three syns for one and a half level tbsp mincemeat

D:  cottage pie with veg; yogurt
I'm having some dental treatment in the afternoon and am pretty sure that the dentist will advise soft food for a few days, hence cottage pie.  I will add a couple of laughing cow light blue triangles to the mash to give it a bit more flavour and I have some beaten egg left over from yesterday (Christmas baking, now in the freezer!) so I can add that too..  Nice.
SW:  half a healthy extra A and half a syn for dessert


Body Magic:  an hour of personal training

Summary:  two healthy extra As, one B and nine and a half syns - pretty much all of that is because of lunch!
Before I finish, there's this.

It has been a biggie on the SW related vlogs I watch so, when I saw it in Sainsbury's, I grabbed a couple of bottles.
The bumph says you can have it cold but it's meant to be drunk hot so I did and it was absolutely lovely.
It's pretty sweet and the spice is there but not overwhelming.  It would be great mixed with a slug of red wine, warmed up with some fruit.
I'm glad I got two bottles!






1 comment: